• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Truck gets warm with blower motor on

Duncanmac2807

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
V6 4.0l
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys, another question for ya'll. I have a 1994 b4000 4.0l v6 and I have noticed that the truck gets warm with the blower motor on, I originally thought it was just the a/c however I realized that it's just the blower motor on, if I have the heat on it rises or if I am just bringing in air from outside with the ac off. I have no clue what could be causing this. Totally stumped. My thermostat works right, my water pump works well, just replaced, my coolant is clean, it's been changed, no leaks, fan and fan clutch replaced, new radiator, new hoses, the truck has been burped and flushed twice. Any help or suggestions? Could be the blower motor? I've never heard of a blower motor doing this and I can't find anything anywhere on it.

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
stock, may get leveling springs in front "somday"
Tire Size
Hey guys, another question for ya'll. I have a 1994 b4000 4.0l v6 and I have noticed that the truck gets warm with the blower motor on, I originally thought it was just the a/c however I realized that it's just the blower motor on, if I have the heat on it rises or if I am just bringing in air from outside with the ac off. I have no clue what could be causing this. Totally stumped. My thermostat works right, my water pump works well, just replaced, my coolant is clean, it's been changed, no leaks, fan and fan clutch replaced, new radiator, new hoses, the truck has been burped and flushed twice. Any help or suggestions? Could be the blower motor? I've never heard of a blower motor doing this and I can't find anything anywhere on it.
behind the glove compartment door which is easy to snap out and down you will find on top of the heater some levers and cables.
One of them controls a door in the heater because that vintage vehicle did not have a control valve on the hot water line, they control the heat by opening and closing the door I have the same basic truck

chewy012

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
How quickly does the temp raise? If its fairly quickly, it could be a sneaky electron gremlin screwing with your gauge. Check the temp sending unit connector

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
stock, may get leveling springs in front "somday"
Tire Size
Did I misunderstand your post thought you said it gets warm in the truck my truck was doing the same thing it was to bypass door in the heater. Engine hot water goes right to the heater core before the thermostat even opens

chewy012

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
It's pretty fast, it's a matter of seconds.
If turning the blower on raises the engine temp in matter of seconds, that smells like electrons to me. Possibly a bad ground. As long as you're cognizant of the change in baseline reading, I think you're ok mechanically. You should take note of whether or not the increased reading increases with how high the blower is on (I.e. on low with a slight temp increase, on high with bigger temp increase... Or on low with big temp increase, on high with slight temp increase).

chewy012

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Did I misunderstand your post thought you said it gets warm in the truck my truck was doing the same thing it was to bypass door in the heater. Engine hot water goes right to the heater core before the thermostat even opens
.... Or it was me that misunderstood, haha.

Duncanmac2807

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
V6 4.0l
Transmission
Manual
I think I'm gonna check it tommorw ans get back to you guys, thanks guys!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

• ryan
    Forum Administrator

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals