• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Truck for Free

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Alright gents. I've been on here a long time and I need to let my Ranger go. It's a bone-stock '88. I got it for free with the condition that I'd have to give it away and I don't think there's a better place to do it.

Good things:
Not an iota of rust.
Fresh battery.
New Shocks.
New Tires - Less than 15k on them.
Starts on a dime.
was my daily driver for 2.5 years.
Is still my favorite car/truck to drive to the grocery/liquor store.
New 2.9 heads
Maintenance records since it's new.
Doesn't drop any oil
Transmission plugs - no puking fluid.
Doesn't drop or puke oil.
Newish 5 speed M50.
2wd
Fully titled and inspected.
New cheapo Pioneer head unit.
headache rack.
Bed liner.

Bad things:
Lifters clatter for 2 seconds after it's been sitting for a couple of days.
Pulled A/C out
A couple of dents.
When it's really cold, 2'nd gear syncro isn't the best.
Body mounts need to be replaced.
Shimmy at 70 MPH - probably new bearing. Drive 80, smooth sailing.

Replaced:
LMC rattle kit.
Both front calipers & pads.
Both front flexible brake lines.
Cleaned the sh!t out of the rad and it runs super cool.
New clutch master cylinder.

Conditions:
Wifey-mate and I will decide.
I'll pick you up from Austin or San Antonio airport.
I will feed you BBQ and beer with other local TRS members.
If you want to go shooting with me, bring your own ammo (guns might be arranged.)
If you are a TRS supporter you have an advantage. Mine just expired, but if you put some $$ in Jim's pocket, she who must be obeyed and I will be more graceful.

Decision will be made by the end of May. I've posted many pics before (you seen me in the Firehouse?) but I don't really want to wax it again. Forward me any questions. I would have no problem driving it anywhere in the world. It's rock-solid and pulled the banner a few hundred miles. Other than here, PM me at robert.clayton@mensor.com.

Clock's ticking.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Well, sounds good...too bad it would take me too long to get there and drive it back to Canada...oh, is it a regular cab or ext? I didn't see that but if it has a bench seat that answers the question...

Otherwise, I hope you find it a good home...

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sorry about that. Extended cab you pervert. LOL (Gotta kid with you sometimes.)

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
Awesome, I live down here in Dallas. As for bringing guns and ammo, that would be a bit of a hassle. :/ A truck for my ranch would be awesome, the jeeps kinda wearing out.

Last edited:

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That's where I got it from. Story please.

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
Story of what?

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Of why you could have get it. As I said, Wifey mate and I are going to decide. You're in competition with TGT - Texas Gun Talk.

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
Oh! Well, my grandpa has a ranch that I've been going to since I was born and I've always helped out with cattle and all that. Originally he had a 88 F-150 that I learned to drive and was used for pretty much everything, was even going to be my first truck. Well it sat for a long time, I have no idea why and when I tried to bring it back it was too far gone. Actually a day ago it went to some people who needed it, so it's gone now. And right now I've been using the 46 Willys, and it has such a small space in the back it's pretty much useless for big jobs, and being that all that's up there to drive besides the jeep is the Kia Sportage it's not as easy to get things done. I use my truck sometimes but it's just not a everyday usage ranch truck. Being that when I head off to college I'll be right next to the ranch and I can go there more often. So a truck would be very useful, as something I could get around in and carry loads of stuff, and I'm sure my grandpa wouldn't mind having something to use for the ranch. I would make sure it doesn't sit so it wouldn't end up like the F-150. And if it ever did, it would be inside, not in a field. To be honest though, if there's someone out there who really needs it, don't even consider me, I'd rather see it go to someone who would needs it more, it would be helpful around the ranch but it's not anything severe.

Last edited:

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Contestant #1.

PanamaExpat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual
I would enter but you would have to ship it overseas...Too much trouble and too much expense. Hope you find a worthwhile recipient for it.

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I hear ya man. It would pale in comparison to what you're doing. It is only plain-jane. You guys better speak up. Texas Gun Talk are flanking you.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Way back in 2001 I bought my first Ranger...it was a lowly slowly mutt with a 2.0 and not much go...I worked on it till I knew that engine inside and out (not in that way you pervert) and built it up till I could be proud driving it down the road...then I blew the motor and decided to rebuild it from the bottom up.

Long story longer, I replaced the 2.0 with a 2.3 but kept the carb and swapped everything over to an extended cab when the firewall caught fire. I guess that's why they call it a firewall. Anyway, it actually rusted itself to sleep and I spent five years building the new improved virgin, er, version only to have the rings go out on my beloved 2.3. Not engagement rings either, but the piston rings that pistmeoff.

Now I am looking for another Ranger to once again rebuild to a beautiful truck that little children won't point at and go "bang" as if to shoot it out of its' misery. Dogs try to pee on my tires and old ladies gag when I drive by in a cloud of blue smoke. I've been called a "Lifestyle Hazard" by local authorities even though my truck is old enough to smoke.

I might even use it on a ranch up here in Canada. A gopher ranch. They are harvested once a year from the potholes in the road and we make furry Canadian caps out of their pelts that sell like hotcakes because mostly the sales are flat. We did have a big buyer from China who came to look at our spread and see if our product could be used to manufacture something and they came up with an idea of a fur lined toilet seat. Sales are pending on that one so this could be our big break.

Until then, I am searching for a motor for my current truck, even though it isn't electric. If I had that Texas Puppy of yours it would be a doggone good truck and I'd treat it like it was yours but I stole it.

Do I qualify? I could write more...maybe some adventure in there like the brunette at the local beer store who keeps winking at me when I drive in. Oh, wait, it may be the dust I stir up or the smoke that follows me into the store, but I'm pretty sure she likes me and would probably give me a whirl if I had a better looking truck to take her out in.

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Way back in 2001 I bought my first Ranger...it was a lowly slowly mutt with a 2.0 and not much go...I worked on it till I knew that engine inside and out (not in that way you pervert) and built it up till I could be proud driving it down the road...then I blew the motor and decided to rebuild it from the bottom up.

Long story longer, I replaced the 2.0 with a 2.3 but kept the carb and swapped everything over to an extended cab when the firewall caught fire. I guess that's why they call it a firewall. Anyway, it actually rusted itself to sleep and I spent five years building the new improved virgin, er, version only to have the rings go out on my beloved 2.3. Not engagement rings either, but the piston rings that pistmeoff.

Now I am looking for another Ranger to once again rebuild to a beautiful truck that little children won't point at and go "bang" as if to shoot it out of its' misery. Dogs try to pee on my tires and old ladies gag when I drive by in a cloud of blue smoke. I've been called a "Lifestyle Hazard" by local authorities even though my truck is old enough to smoke.

I might even use it on a ranch up here in Canada. A gopher ranch. They are harvested once a year from the potholes in the road and we make furry Canadian caps out of their pelts that sell like hotcakes because mostly the sales are flat. We did have a big buyer from China who came to look at our spread and see if our product could be used to manufacture something and they came up with an idea of a fur lined toilet seat. Sales are pending on that one so this could be our big break.

Until then, I am searching for a motor for my current truck, even though it isn't electric. If I had that Texas Puppy of yours it would be a doggone good truck and I'd treat it like it was yours but I stole it.

Do I qualify? I could write more...maybe some adventure in there like the brunette at the local beer store who keeps winking at me when I drive in. Oh, wait, it may be the dust I stir up or the smoke that follows me into the store, but I'm pretty sure she likes me and would probably give me a whirl if I had a better looking truck to take her out in.
Mark, I love you, but you are just f'king weird. It would defiantly drive to Canuk land. Still in comp with TGT peeps. Contestant #2. If you take my truck to the scrap yard, look out for a .243 boolit. (j/k American poolice)

PanamaExpat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual
By the way...Just because you are getting rid of your Ranger don't become a stranger.

And you are right Mark is nuts...LOL

Last edited:

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
If I had some way to get there and bring it back, I'd be inclined to give it a happy home, I love that first gen body style.

I refuse to fly though and driving down there leaves me with the problem of getting back unless I'd tow it all the way.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals