• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

TRS Goals For 2020

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.
A thought that's hit a few times is open sourcing parts production for RBVs through TRS.

I have the vector files I made for the 2.9 plenum spacers, farmer just knocked out a set of 2.9 rocker spacers, Mightyfordranger designed and commissioned the B2 bumpers, still need to send adsm08 a sketch of the 4.0 starter plate, etc...

Just saw someone post that they have the molds to build the fiberglass besides for first gens (?!?!)

With manufacturing costs hitting record lows in some sectors, this may not be a big deal to pull off if we wanted to.

Just a thought. Would be interesting to see if it could be done.

Never going to make a fortune off of it, but as a moneymaker for the forums? Doable. Plus, keeps the old girls on the road.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I already gave @Mightyfordranger the green light to promote his bumpers here. I've seen it in person. Well built.

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I get
"503 server unavailable."
I will try again later.
Dang, mine went right to it. Could it be a cookie thing after getting the email? surely not, why would they sensor an event meant to draw people

Maybe it was intended just to members as it does discuss volunteers for setup and such.
My apologies, but I had not myself wanted to censor it haha, maybe why I haven't dropped in lately haha
Also seems they've restructured since I've had much interest in it.

Some of what I thought was worth thinking about was Booths, exhibitors and such. Theirs was near another draw, in their case a popular computer museum, last year they set the attendance record, and are hoping to do it again. People from the region(they labeled this as pacific northwest regional meet or some such) I think they don't have four a year but plan them far in advance to allow as much preparation, or anticipation, but I see southeast and southwest( could do a South Central, North Central etc also), I'm not sure what all, just found it interesting, and hoped yall would too as you're looking for ideas

Last edited:

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
LMAO sno… That right there is funny

DeathRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 and 2019
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
2.3 L 4 cyl ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
This is my Ranger. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
I'm in a few ranger groups on facebook. Not much to see tho its always the same few questions. Why does my truck do X (always blown headgasket) or what tires can I fit with no lift. I'm not sure this is the type of people needed since they can't even use a search function.

Another issue is I think the younger folk have so many other forms of communication with facebook, twitter, instagram, snapchat, slack and discord.
It may be worth setting up a discord. Would allow for more quick discussions but obviously wouldn't drive traffic to site and create posts unless people are then sent here to check an article or something.

I believe 2019+ Rangers are vital too. I've used this site for all my older trucks and would definitly like to see more info on the new ones, even tho not much is being done right now except bolt on mods.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have found that where I live there's never anything around here for gatherings of stuff like this, so whatever the members in the real world decide it won't make any difference to people like me who don't live anywhere close to where any of these events would ever be held, and trying to drive a 30+ year old vehicle out of state and across the country won't ever happen, at least never for me LOL.
After you get thru the first two states you start thinking "hey, it might make it"

A thought that's hit a few times is open sourcing parts production for RBVs through TRS.

I have the vector files I made for the 2.9 plenum spacers, farmer just knocked out a set of 2.9 rocker spacers, Mightyfordranger designed and commissioned the B2 bumpers, still need to send adsm08 a sketch of the 4.0 starter plate, etc...

Just saw someone post that they have the molds to build the fiberglass besides for first gens (?!?!)

With manufacturing costs hitting record lows in some sectors, this may not be a big deal to pull off if we wanted to.

Just a thought. Would be interesting to see if it could be done.

Never going to make a fortune off of it, but as a moneymaker for the forums? Doable. Plus, keeps the old girls on the road.
I have a couple .dwg's that would be easy to burn too. NP-205 t-case spacer for a late model trans, gauge pod and first gen cupholder.

I already gave @Mightyfordranger the green light to promote his bumpers here. I've seen it in person. Well built.
It would be nice to have an option for a first gen winch bumpers. Even a weld your own option would be cool.

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
After you get thru the first two states you start thinking "hey, it might make it"

I have a couple .dwg's that would be easy to burn too. NP-205 t-case spacer for a late model trans, gauge pod and first gen cupholder.

It would be nice to have an option for a first gen winch bumpers. Even a weld your own option would be cool.
Shit. I always forget you have the mad drafting skills.

Wait. Want me to send th same sketch I'm sending adsm08? Would be nice to have a way to get starter plates made again.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Shit. I always forget you have the mad drafting skills.

Wait. Want me to send th same sketch I'm sending adsm08? Would be nice to have a way to get starter plates made again.
Sure, I can get it drawn in CAD and then at least for my local fab shop they drag and drop into their program and burn it out of my material of choice. I assume most shops would be similar.

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Sure, I can get it drawn in CAD and then at least for my local fab shop they drag and drop into their program and burn it out of my material of choice. I assume most shops would be similar.
Shit. Last thing I need is another project.

So, perfect time to start another project!

Done deal ??

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Some of what I thought was worth thinking about was Booths, exhibitors and such.
I had once thought about taking a couple of trucks to an event that would have Rangers in attendance (truck show, car show, whatever) and have a tent (canopy) setup with maybe a video and some flyers promoting TRS.

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I had once thought about taking a couple of trucks to an event that would have Rangers in attendance (truck show, car show, whatever) and have a tent (canopy) setup with maybe a video and some flyers promoting TRS.
Those bumpers and such that some have talked about marketing could also be showcased there

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)

With my luck something would go wrong in the middle of nowhere and leave me stranded, with no money to get back home...that's one huge reason I don't go too far, the other is I can't go very far with only 1-2 days off a week if I'm lucky. Someday maybe. Just don't trust a 30+ year old vehicle to make its way out of state even with the new engine/transmission the rest is still 30+ years old LOL.

So, that being said those of you who have actually traveled distances in your 30+ year old RBV's what issues have you ran into, what would be some stuff (parts) a person should carry? That can actually be easily changed on the side of the road? Do these things really actually break down as often as it seems on the forum? I've been daily driving my Bronco 2 anywhere from 8 miles to 100 miles a day the past year depending on work and haven't had any issues other than random objects puncturing tires...with a new engine and transmission what the heck could really go wrong? TFI would be the only thing maybe I could think of that seems to be a common failure, but do those just suddenly fail?

I'd love to go for a trip someday at least up into the northern part of Idaho, maybe Wyoming, Montana? Won't be for a while though, but I'd love to get as prepared as possible with stuff that may go wrong that I could swap if things
do go wrong....the way my B2 drives now, other than some front end issues that are soon to be corrected (worn ball joints - how weird on a 30+ year old truck HAHA!!)

Oh should I also add I am NOT a people person, so that's one reason I really don't do much of anything outside of going to work and coming home LOL.

ExploreNW

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
Tire Size
235/75/15
So, that being said those of you who have actually traveled distances in your 30+ year old RBV's what issues have you ran into, what would be some stuff (parts) a person should carry? That can actually be easily changed on the side of the road? Do these things really actually break down as often as it seems on the forum? I've been daily driving my Bronco 2 anywhere from 8 miles to 100 miles a day the past year depending on work and haven't had any issues other than random objects puncturing tires...with a new engine and transmission what the heck could really go wrong?
Mine is only 25 but I have a dedicated metric & standard socket set behind the seat. Tire iron, jack, can-o-gas, quart-o-oil, RTV tube, and that's about all you need. Grease your hubs and lube points before you go. My Ranger only got me stuck twice (fuel pump and computer, both of which are out now) and I thoroughly trust the internals of the motor & trans combo. If I were to keep my computer I'd carry a spare - they fail and they don't tell you it's their fault.

I'd love to go for a trip someday at least up into the northern part of Idaho, maybe Wyoming, Montana? Won't be for a while though, but I'd love to get as prepared as possible with stuff that may go wrong that I could swap if things
Now that's my backyard. Great country up here. Trees, mountains, dirt roads, hunt & fish spots everywhere, all a back woods type needs. I think TRS is a but under represented up here though, I see tons of old Rangers and Broncos in great shape but I doubt many of these folks know about the site. Great marketing opportunity.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals