• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Trim level suspensions...

RobsRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Admittedly I don’t know much about Rangers but I’m curious about the suspension on the different trim levels. Mine is an 07 XLT 2wd bare bones. Before I bought it though, I test drove an 04 Edge 2wd which had a higher stance and 235/75/15 tires, which was the correct size according to the door sticker. My truck has 225/70/15 (also the correct size for the door sticker) but I feel like just putting bigger tires on mine would not make it the same “stance” as the edge. Does the Edge come with a lift kit or different suspension?
One reason I ask is I think I’m going to need to do some suspension work on mine soon, the front left corner creaks a bit. I was thinking since it needs work anyway, maybe I could put in whatever the Edge has.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
The Edge has a different suspension. The front uses torsion bars instead of coil springs and I think the rear suspension has lift blocks. It's basically meant to give it a bit of a prerunner look.

Since you are looking at suspension work, You could get the lift blocks used in an Edge and spring spacers for the coils. Not quite a true Edge but the look would look similar. Swapping the front end for an actual Edge suspension would require an frame swap. I don't thing the coil spring frame has the necessary holes to accommodate that.

As far as the tires, (double check in the tech library in the what tires fit heading) 235/75R15 (29" diameter) tires should fit with out modification but I'm not 100% sure on that. Check it and make sure.

RobsRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
The Edge has a different suspension. The front uses torsion bars instead of coil springs and I think the rear suspension has lift blocks. It's basically meant to give it a bit of a prerunner look.

Since you are looking at suspension work, You could get the lift blocks used in an Edge and spring spacers for the coils. Not quite a true Edge but the look would look similar. Swapping the front end for an actual Edge suspension would require an frame swap. I don't thing the coil spring frame has the necessary holes to accommodate that.

As far as the tires, (double check in the tech library in the what tires fit heading) 235/75R15 (29" diameter) tires should fit with out modification but I'm not 100% sure on that. Check it and make sure.
Good to know. Thanks.

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
I've a 2005 2WD, coils up front. 225/70-15 was stock.
235/75-15 fit fine, so does 245/70-16
ran with 400 lbs in the bed all the time for work, no issues.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals