• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

treadwright mtg retreads

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the DOT numbers on the casings will give you the mfg. date and other details. i honestly believe they pick their casings very carefully. my tires are running too good and not showing any sign of any problem whatsoever for the casings to be old or bad. i have well over 20k miles on them and the only problem is one has worn slightly uneven because of a bad wheel bearing. didn't realize it was bad till it started pulling to one side while driving it. nothing that is the tire's fault. they still look close to new with minimal tread wear. i'm a very happy customer!! :yahoo:

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Here is a pic of mine when I first got them. I have since gotten another set, and the transition from the sidewall to the new tread is a lot better now.

Downey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
they arent legal on passenger vehicles in all states pa being one of them

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
All Treadwright tires come with a DOT stamp on them. Hence, they are approved for passenger use in all states.

punga

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
they arent legal on passenger vehicles in all states pa being one of them
False. Care to say why you think it is illegal? PA it is legal to have retreads on a passenger car and light truck..But illegal to have them on the front axel of a taxi.

Downey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
you guys are right i was wrong i was told b4 that you cant then was talking to my mechainc about them and he told me you could run them. but they are 100 or so for each tire then 120 to ship what a rip off

Downey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
there tires look sick but they never have them in stock for the 33/12.50s

jaymegriffiths

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well so far no problems. i got matching casings, i was gonna request goodyear mtr cases so the tread would match the tire but i forgot. they ride as smooth as any tire ive ever used. sorry i dont have any pics of mine on here. i havent had access to a computer.
im nervous about buying them too. but at 85 bux a tire its very tempting. im curious about brokerage issues, warranty, and shipping speed. i dont wanna be out 500 buck for 6 weeks waiting for my tires to get here.
i think they specify right on the website that you will get a matching set of casings just so they dont look goofy. what im more worried about though is that they say that after about 6 years of UV exposure, a tire is no longer 'safe' so if these casings are already used, whats saying they arent gonna dry rot and split in a year
i think he may have meant the casings sayin 235/75/r15 when they are 31's. but now that i think about it that dont make sense cause they would HAVE to recap a 235/75/15 with treads not make em bigger. NVM DOH!

akalogan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
What gives new retreads a better quality then the old retreads?

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
there tires look sick but they never have them in stock for the 33/12.50s

yeah, that is probably their most popular size to sell, and hardest to get casings for. anyone here get onto the "wait list" for 33x12.5 r15's? how long did it take?

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
What gives new retreads a better quality then the old retreads?
Old retreads are just a strip of tread glued to a cleaned tire husk. The new ones are made like that of a new tire. Full, one piece injection molded tread pattern.

It's from years of running the strips that people believe retreads are unsafe and the tread comes apart. If you look at the chunks of rubber on the tide of the road, you'd see steel belts poking out everywhere, the rubber didn't fail, the steel did. Usually due to running improper pressure (leaving the "bulge" at the bottom of the tire) bending the steel many times more than what it was supposed to be bent at, fatiguing it prematurely.

The only places you can't run a retread are on steer axles on heavy duty vehicles and those that carry passengers (like a school bus, or taxi as mentioned earlier). Both of which is just a precaution.

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
finally had a chance to do a head-to-head comparo of the Firestone Destination AT's with TreadWright's AT's in the snow. i posted in this forum under the Firestone Destination AT thread. if you just want the outcome, the TreadWright's won.
this is just my $.02.

2813josh

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6,4.0
Transmission
Manual
Hmm..I been lookin at gettin a a set of the 30 9.50 MUD. Seems like everybody's had goo luck with em so I think Im sold..hell for $71 a tire sounds like a deal to me

nate09

Reaction score
Hmm..I been lookin at gettin a a set of the 30 9.50 MUD. Seems like everybody's had goo luck with em so I think Im sold..hell for $71 a tire sounds like a deal to me
ive had mine (in that size and flavor) for roughly 7 months and have about 8K on them. theyre great in the mud, snow and on dry pavement and theyre ok in the rain. theyre wearing great, ive got just under 1/2" of tread on all four.

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
ive had mine (in that size and flavor) for roughly 7 months and have about 8K on them. theyre great in the mud, snow and on dry pavement and theyre ok in the rain. theyre wearing great, ive got just under 1/2" of tread on all four.
Hope i read this wrong but are you saying you're at half tread with only 8k miles on them?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals