• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Transmission wont go into gear after changing slave cylinder

exo600

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I dropped the transmission today to replace the slave cylinder. I got it all back together and it is impossible to shift into any gear. the only thing i think i did wrong was once i bolted up the tranny, before I put the shifter and the drive shaft back on I turned on the motor to see if the clutch was disengageing with the new slave cyl. It made a mess with the tranny fluid, but the new slave was working fine so I proceded to assemble my truck. Could I have messed some thing up, or did i not alinge something correctly?

Its a 2003 Mazda B2300, 5spd Manual. 129000 miles

Any help is appreciated.
Robert

Rifleman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Something moved somewhere. I'd say drop it and inspect.

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Did you bleed the slave cylinder?

exo600

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
i read somewhere that the trans can be put in netral manually by removing a cover and moving the synchros with a scerwdriver. I was wondering if anybody how to do that?

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
You may have to bleed the crap out of it. When I did the swap on my BII, it took a lot of bleeding.

rangerstzz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985-1992
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3-2.9
Transmission
Manual
I dropped the transmission today to replace the slave cylinder. I got it all back together and it is impossible to shift into any gear. the only thing i think i did wrong was once i bolted up the tranny, before I put the shifter and the drive shaft back on I turned on the motor to see if the clutch was disengageing with the new slave cyl. It made a mess with the tranny fluid, but the new slave was working fine so I proceded to assemble my truck. Could I have messed some thing up, or did i not alinge something correctly?

Its a 2003 Mazda B2300, 5spd Manual. 129000 miles

Any help is appreciated.
Robert
will it shift with the engine off? if not, then the shifter is installed incorrectly.

exo600

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
fixed, the had to move somethings around under the shifter so it would fall back into place correctly.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals