• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Transmission Swap on 1999 B3000 2WD

sundance

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B3000
Transmission
Automatic
I think that I know what is causing my lockup issues.

I pulled the converter off the old transmission when I was moving it out of the garage and I noticed that there was a yellow teflon ring on a groove in the shaft. I'm pretty sure that there wasn't one in the groove on the donor transmission.

Any thoughts on the implications of driving without this part? Should I just turn off lockup in the code until I can fix it?

Thanks
Chris

Attachments

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yes that could be the problem
Try part number F77Z-7L323-AA
Thats a 1997 part number(F7) so should be good up thru 2000 or even 2011

I also see a 2003 number: 3L2Z-7L323-AA

sundance

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B3000
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks Ron.

3L2Z-7L323-AA Looks different than the one that is on my old transmission. I think that it is a continuous ring and requires a special tool to get it on the shaft.

The one on on my old transmission looks like this

Would F7TZ-7L323-AA work? This is a split type but I cant find any info on it.

55trucker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
-
Total Drop
mild
Thanks Ron.

Would F7TZ-7L323-AA work? This is a split type but I cant find any info on it.
No, that O ring is not the proper converter shaft seal, the replacement is a teflon O ring, the ring is *square*, it is a complete circle, it has to be lubed, then carefully pushed onto the converter input shaft into the recess.
That ring seals the oil into the converter internals & prevents leaking into the converter housing.

Last edited:

sundance

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B3000
Transmission
Automatic
Steve,

So you are saying that it is the first link at Tasca, correct? This will slide on without any special tools?

The one that was on my old transmission is split and looks just like the second link PN 56178AT.

Thanks

55trucker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
-
Total Drop
mild
I can't speak to the Tasca parts identification, when I had the trans out 4 yrs ago to replace the converter which suffered a lockup failure due to the shaft bearing the disc rides on I had to replace that same input shaft seal.
It's a common part to the 4r44e, 5r44e, I just picked one up at the local AAMCO trans shop, they had a stock of them.

hammerlindsey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I have swapped a 99 3.0L 4x4 transmission with a 2001 3.0L 4x4 transmission but it doesn't seem to be going into overdrive is there anything i can do to fix this. The 2 extra sensors on the tyranny are not hooked up . Any help greatly appreciated.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have swapped a 99 3.0L 4x4 transmission with a 2001 3.0L 4x4 transmission but it doesn't seem to be going into overdrive is there anything i can do to fix this. The 2 extra sensors on the tyranny are not hooked up . Any help greatly appreciated.
You should probably start your own thread

But Welcome to TRS :)

The 1999 computer doesn't need the 2 extra external sensors as long as the wiring didn't have connectors for them, the OSS sensor was used on some years prior to 2001, but there would be a Flashing OD OFF light on dash if that was the case

So does the OD OFF light work?
When started the computer automatically turns OD ON each time
If you press the button on gear shift the OD OFF light should come on, this is not an on/off switch, its a toggle switch, each time its pressed it sends 12volts to computer, computer then "toggles" OD off or on each time it gets that momentary 12v
So not a constant 12v on and 0v off

OD OFF light should also come on with Key ON, a Bulb Test, and then go off, all status lights on dash should do this Bulb Test for 2 seconds or so with key on

If OD OFF light is not working then there may be transmission codes set because OD is not working, these trans codes cause OD OFF light to flash but often do not turn on the CEL(check engine light)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals