• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Transmission Crossmember Bracket

dtg_xc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
Total Drop
Hello,

I'm looking for transmission crossmember brackets for a 1988 ford Bronco 2. Mine is rusted out. It is the part that connects the crossmember to the frame. I have searched all over the internet and don't know where to find them. Anything helps! Thank you!

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Are you looking for the style that has round rubber bushings on either end of the crossmember? If so you are better off finding just the crossmember itself from a newer truck at a junkyard. '90 or later Ranger or Explorer would work. Very easy swap, you just remove both of the brackets from your frame and bolt the new crossmember in place, may have to drill a hole or two.

dtg_xc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
Total Drop
Are you looking for the style that has round rubber bushings on either end of the crossmember? If so you are better off finding just the crossmember itself from a newer truck at a junkyard. '90 or later Ranger or Explorer would work. Very easy swap, you just remove both of the brackets from your frame and bolt the new crossmember in place, may have to drill a hole or two.
That sounds correct. I found the part on Parts.rockwallford.com but it has been discontinued. the part # is E5TZ-6096-A

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
That sounds correct. I found the part on Parts.rockwallford.com but it has been discontinued. the part # is E5TZ-6096-A
The newer style is the easy replacement option for you then. What you want is the bottom one in this pic:

dtg_xc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
Total Drop
The newer style is the easy replacement option for you then. What you want is the bottom one in this pic:
I believe it is the middle cross member. I don't have a picture at the moment, but I need the actual bracket that connects that bushing on both ends to the frame. Don't necessarily need an all new crossmember, but the brackets on both ends.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Yeah, I know exactly what you are looking for. I just don't think they exist as a new part that you can buy - if you want to keep your current crossmember, you will need to fabricate new brackets or find some in a junkyard. It is just easier to dump that mess completely and use the newer style crossmember.

dtg_xc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
Total Drop
Yeah, I know exactly what you are looking for. I just don't think they exist as a new part that you can buy - if you want to keep your current crossmember, you will need to fabricate new brackets or find some in a junkyard. It is just easier to dump that mess completely and use the newer style crossmember.
Ahh, I understand what you are saying. Is it a direct swap to that style cross member? Looks like that one bolts to the outside of one framerail, and to the bottom sid of the other, where as my current one bolts to the outside of both frame rails (I believe). What years are those crossmembers in?

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Ahh, I understand what you are saying. Is it a direct swap to that style cross member? Looks like that one bolts to the outside of one framerail, and to the bottom sid of the other, where as my current one bolts to the outside of both frame rails (I believe). What years are those crossmembers in?
Yes, you just remove your old crossmember brackets and bolt the newer style in place. IIRC some of the holes line up but not all of them so you may have to drill one or two new ones. The newer style sits outside of the frame on one side and up inside the frame on the other.

You would find the newer style in 1990 and newer Rangers and Explorers. I don't know if it was used past 1998, I assume so, but I haven't worked on anything newer than that yet.

dtg_xc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
Total Drop
Yes, you just remove your old crossmember brackets and bolt the newer style in place. IIRC some of the holes line up but not all of them so you may have to drill one or two new ones. The newer style sits outside of the frame on one side and up inside the frame on the other.

You would find the newer style in 1990 and newer Rangers and Explorers. I don't know if it was used past 1998, I assume so, but I haven't worked on anything newer than that yet.
Great thank you. Ill see if i can find one somewhere. I found these online, they are not OEM, but Can you tell if they would work?

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Great thank you. Ill see if i can find one somewhere. I found these online, they are not OEM, but Can you tell if they would work?

I am not sure I'd trust a simple flat piece like that in the long run, no matter how thick it is. It is not very rigid. The factory style is designed so that it cannot flex. Maybe I am overthinking it.

2 bronco 11s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford bronco 11
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
If it's an 88 , remove the right bracket off the frame, the left has a hole in the frame for the only bolt . Right side will bolt in the 3 holes from the old mount.

svtcards

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3'' front 4''back
Tire Size
245 35 18

I used that exact cross member on my t5 v8 swap.Work perfectly.The ricks rangers member.not the other 1.

Last edited:

svtcards

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3'' front 4''back
Tire Size
245 35 18
I'm pretty sure it ll work with whatever trans u have in your bronco ii.Just as long bronco ii's use same trans as the regular rangers do

RumPunch

Supporting Member
Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
31x10.50R15
I have a donor 88 post a pic of the mount you need and I will look if it's the same.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals