• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Transmission cooler lines.

Kelly Smith

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Explored X
Transmission
Automatic
Replacing flywheel on my 94 Explorer 4x4 automatic 4.0. Not dropping my tranny, just sliding it on allthreads. Given how difficult it would be to detach my transmission cooler lines from the tranny itself, would it be plausible to just detach from the radiator then slide my tranny back?

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Sure, but they may be attached in the frame rails

Have plugs/plastic bags ready to seal the ends of the hoses/tubes

You are replacing the Flex plate, a fly wheel is used with manual trans

Just a heads up when you put it back together, the torque converter drives the pump inside the transmission, so there are two tabs that have to be lined up or you will break the pump and have to rebuild the transmission, so a BIG DEAL

Push torque converter back into transmission while rotating it, it should slide in so its completely inside bell housing and even rubs on bellhousing when you spin it
Trans should fit flush to engine if you have to use bolts to pull them together something is wrong, STOP

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals