• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Transfercase manual selector conversion?

Christine_4.0xlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
So I've been searching around for manual selectors for 4wd on 3rd gen rangers such as mine but haven't come up with anything. I finally broke down and made my own and modified the stock ford hubs but the only issue is I have to reach under the truck put it in 4wd. Is there something on the market or has someone made something so it can be switched in the cab? I've attached a picture of my rednecked hack job for reference. Thanks in advance
Screenshot_20200712-200531_Photos.jpg

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

Christine_4.0xlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Yes, people have been putting handle there for awhile, there was a Knob called Shiftster that was plug and play, not sure they make them anymore
Some have cut a hole in the drivers side of the tunnel with a hinged cover so they can reach down and shift without getting out

OR

There is this conversion kit: https://behemothdrivetrain.com/products/borg-warner-transfer-case-electric-to-manual-shift-conversion

Basically a cable shifter that's similar to manual shifter in the cab
I looked into the shiftser a while back and they don't make it anymore. But as soon as payday rolls around I'm having that kit next day shipped to my house😂. That is exactly what I'm looking for thank you so much

don4331

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Let us know if behemoth ever ships: I'd like to see them get a good review.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals