• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

trans dapt vs advanced adapters.which one is better

svtcards

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3'' front 4''back
Tire Size
245 35 18
so im in the process of doing a v8 swap in my 1987 2wd ranger which some of u may already know.i c theres a few options for motor mounts out there.what the best and less problemsatic ones out there shoulds i get for my 5.0l swap.i c that trans dapt and advanced adapters offer them.but i can t decide on which ones to get.i ve read reviews on both and it seems like people lean towards the advanced adapter ones.can anyone verify those are the better ones to get?

Daniel Black

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
205/60R15 & 225/60R15
I can't say anything for the Advanced Adapter brand but I did use the Trans Dapt kit in my '87 2wd Ranger that was originally a 2.0. It works but a few problems came up that I didn't expect. The plates are very thick, which makes all the bolts seem really short. The bolts don't go all the way through the nuts on any of the 4 that mount the plates to the crossmember. Even the motor mount studs only seem to have a few threads that reach through the plate. I had to loosen the plate from the mount on the drivers side to get everything situated and it's nearly impossible to tighten it back down with a wrench as the stud is on the crossmember. I guess overall they worked okay and I'm super cheap so they really worked good for that. The motor mount kit comes with an oil filter adaptor that goes on the block and I did use it too since the hoses come out the sides instead of straight out. I've got tons of clearance around the oil pan and tri y headers went right in no problem. Also I'm using a 2.9 radiator with older V-belt pullies and I was still able to run a mechanical fan.

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
I used the TransDapt plates with early Bronco rubber mounts to put a 92 Thunderbird 5.0 engine in my 87 Ranger, which is the same engine as the SN95 Mustang.. I found the part number for the early Bronco mounts and Googled it, then looked for the best price. About $9 each. I saved a TON of money by doing that with all of my parts. Hours upon hours of research.. All using Google.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"

these are cheap.

svtcards

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3'' front 4''back
Tire Size
245 35 18
I can't say anything for the Advanced Adapter brand but I did use the Trans Dapt kit in my '87 2wd Ranger that was originally a 2.0. It works but a few problems came up that I didn't expect. The plates are very thick, which makes all the bolts seem really short. The bolts don't go all the way through the nuts on any of the 4 that mount the plates to the crossmember. Even the motor mount studs only seem to have a few threads that reach through the plate. I had to loosen the plate from the mount on the drivers side to get everything situated and it's nearly impossible to tighten it back down with a wrench as the stud is on the crossmember. I guess overall they worked okay and I'm super cheap so they really worked good for that. The motor mount kit comes with an oil filter adaptor that goes on the block and I did use it too since the hoses come out the sides instead of straight out. I've got tons of clearance around the oil pan and tri y headers went right in no problem. Also I'm using a 2.9 radiator with older V-belt pullies and I was still able to run a mechanical fan.
the 2.9 radiotor is enough cooling for your v8 without an overheating?
what r those mounts from?my donor is a 1995 mustang.so your saying those oem mounts will work for my application?i was told convertible mounts work as well but have to swap from left to right,but don't what yr convertibles u can do that with.

Daniel Black

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
205/60R15 & 225/60R15
the 2.9 radiotor is enough cooling for your v8 without an overheating?
what r those mounts from?my donor is a 1995 mustang.so your saying those oem mounts will work for my application?i was told convertible mounts work as well but have to swap from left to right,but don't what yr convertibles u can do that with.
I've never been stuck in a traffic jam but normal traffic and red lights I've never seen the gauge over 190°. I used the Trans-Dapt kit 9736 that came with plates and motor mounts. My 302 came out of a '71 but all 302s have the same motor mount bolt pattern. If you use the Fox body mounts you don't need a kit or mounting plates, just have to slot the crossmember on each side for the studs. I think 5.0 convertibles came out around '86-'88? and ran through '93. I've heard the '94-'95 Mustang mounts are the same whether hardtop or convertible but I'm not 100%.

svtcards

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3'' front 4''back
Tire Size
245 35 18
good to know.so im assuming u still have to swap from left to right if i were to use the 94-95 mustang mounts?

svtcards

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3'' front 4''back
Tire Size
245 35 18
good to know.so im assuming u still have to swap from left to right if i were to use the 94-95 mustang mounts?
and do those mounts need the mounting plate to work or just the mount itself directly to crossmember?

Daniel Black

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
205/60R15 & 225/60R15
and do those mounts need the mounting plate to work or just the mount itself directly to crossmember?
From what I've heard they still need to be swapped left to right. No plates for those mounts but you have to slot the crossmember to have places for the motor mount studs to slide down in to.

svtcards

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3'' front 4''back
Tire Size
245 35 18
good to know.thanx for the info.just got the donor mustang yesterday.just trying to get as much info on everything now.

svtcards

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3'' front 4''back
Tire Size
245 35 18
Has anyone used the foxbody 5.0 convertible mounts or the the sn95 mounts with success in a 1st Gen ranger v8 swap

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
what i posted works. but puts it a bit high.

and these...

if you own those things.....and you should if your doing conversions.....it is very cost effective.

svtcards

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3'' front 4''back
Tire Size
245 35 18
Those look like the sn95 foxbody ones.is that what they r.and how much higher? Like hood won't close to high?

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
those are mark 7 mounts... the exact same as mustang 84 ish to 95...

what i have done in the past is cut the block side ears off and weld 5/16 strap across to lower the engine another inch if it was needed....

with a stock 4 bbl or stock fox efi intake i have not had hood issues...it is the trans tunnel clearance that was the ass biter... the 2wd wants them put left to right so the pins are forward.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals