• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tractors

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
They're all over Amazon and Ebay like THIS ONE, it's the current thing in hydraulic stuff I think instead of regular pipe threads... it's basically just O ring boss standard threads... or at least that's what I was thinking but also why I haven't ordered yet... gotta do some more looking before I jump in.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
I'll have to do some more looking, the pictures show the SAE O ring boss versions but they are BSP which is dumb, I'll have to look into it, might keep the two lever setup I'm used to at this point...

RumPunch

Supporting Member
Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
31x10.50R15
Can you just reseal it?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Baum Hydraulic out of Omaha was my go to when I dealt in tractor parts. Super knowledgeable people. They might have kits to reseal what you have. Valves, cylinders, motors, cylinders and seals for everything they are an awesome place.

Also where I got the bronze bushings for my tcase shifters and o rings for my D35 lockouts too lol.

Last edited:

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yeah, after what dad went through with his tractor last week, if I ever get one I think I'll have to go with something older like what you started with.

He's been around tractors and stuff for years, used to work on that kind of stuff professionally. The first one he owned was a used Yanmar 2000 that he bought maybe 20 years ago. Worked good but he wanted something more capable with 4WD and front end loader. Bought a brand new LS XR3032 about 5 years ago (guessing there) and it did good until last week. Only around 200-250 hours ont he tractor and the emissions air pump burned up. $2000 replacement part. Way it's integfrated into the electronics it can't be bypassed. Since I really only need a bush hog deck I might just have to get his old Yanmar that he hasn't used since replacing it and be happy.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, after what dad went through with his tractor last week, if I ever get one I think I'll have to go with something older like what you started with.

He's been around tractors and stuff for years, used to work on that kind of stuff professionally. The first one he owned was a used Yanmar 2000 that he bought maybe 20 years ago. Worked good but he wanted something more capable with 4WD and front end loader. Bought a brand new LS XR3032 about 5 years ago (guessing there) and it did good until last week. Only around 200-250 hours ont he tractor and the emissions air pump burned up. $2000 replacement part. Way it's integfrated into the electronics it can't be bypassed. Since I really only need a bush hog deck I might just have to get his old Yanmar that he hasn't used since replacing it and be happy.
We went thru the trans on one (marketed as a Montana) of those once... and only once.

10 years ago they had given up on the US market and stuff shipped via slow leaky boat from Korea as ordered. Everything was at least a month out.

Manuals were translated by a computer from Korean to something else to English it seemed. It was like rockcrawling with your mind to read them. Absolutely horrible all around... and thus anything LS was banned from the shop.

Our theory on the trans was the shift linkage was so wimpy/flexible it effected how well it went into gear and thus it burned syncros.

Might be better nowadays, I think now they make the little guys for New Holland and I don't think CNH would tolerate that BS.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
My stupid old tractor has been good to me, I've had some issues here and there but nothing has really cost me money, just time so far. It really needs glow plugs which are not common, I should order some once I find the link of the ONE place I could find them... next month, I've hurt the credit card enough for a couple weeks...

The janky old valve is a no name from the '80's, I'm pretty sure I could reseal it but the bores for the spools are likely shot, it's nothing special... I'll take an inventory of the type of fittings that's on it right now but I think everything is NPT... I did some looking and didn't see any 2 spool with NPT fittings but there is a 3 spool which would open up to a hydraulic top link or a remote for something (or grapple...) for like $76 shipped straight from Vevor... we shall see... options...

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Just realized I took a pic of my old janky valve a few years ago the first time I was thinking of looking for a replacement... also a pic of the JANKY external pump mount on the side of the engine... I've mildly reworked it a little over the years, one of these times I'll add a flat idler to get some more belt wrap somewhere since it slips, that's my current over pressure relief...

20190818_095537.jpg
20190818_095557.jpg

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
Thats a lot of N-series there! mostly ‘8’s.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Those tractors were sitting in the same place two years ago. I believe they're yard art.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Mounted my new front tractor tires the other night, I even aired them up further than I trusted the old tires, up to 43psi like the sticker on the wheels state, I think the new tires are marked higher but whatever... narrow tires with innertubes suck to mount, really hard to get the valve stem though the hole...

Tonight I decided to move the boom truck in the back 40 so I can get access to the last gopher that's out there... tried backing into the front bumper in low range, barely did anything, tried backing into the rear bumper, same, tried pushing from the back bumper and nothing so last point before giving up was chain around a frame rail and forward, it worked but barely (pulled the front tires off the ground). Annoyingly when I went to put it back in park I found the hornets nest, it's in the drivers door apparently... but luckily it's under 70F so they're slow...

Next step was mowing under where the boom truck was with the riding mower before dark...

And the question you're likely asking is what the heck boom truck does your cheap ass have? It's my brothers found off a friend of mine for cheap but it's an '80 F Super Duty I think with a 400, the generator that runs the boom is froze currently and from what I hear the C6 only has reverse... but $500 is still cheap no matter what... it's on "the list"...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals