• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Toys

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
So, what have you done with your toys lately? Mine have got new tires and rims which I hate to say is getting expensive lol. The Mustang cost the most, but that's to be expected . They all got new shoes in the last 6 months or so lol.
Damn thing won't let me upload but I'll keep trying lol.

Last edited:

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Fired up my race truck a couple days ago, first time in 5 months. Fixed the front shocks on it.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Hah, what a pain in the butt. Gotta be an easier way lol. But there ya go. BII got new rims and tires all the way around. Mustang too, Jeep just got new tires, and the F150 too. Not cheap, but all worth it lol. The stock Mustang rims (anthracite) are in the garage will sell cheap to any ranger fan lol.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Good looking toys! I'm partial to the b2 too.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Yes, I've had it the longest. It's slatted to get lots of new parts this summer. Suspension lift is number 1on the list. Been a long time coming lol. Motor swap if I find a good candidate.

Sent from my Alcatel9007T using Tapatalk

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Nice toys, I like the 1st gen BII.

I haven't really done much to my toys lately. Really could use a garage with a lift to work on 'em, be a lot easier than wrenching in the driveway. Not to mention, mom's truck has been sucking up my spare time, I'm getting tired of working on that instead of mine in my spare time.

My Ranger needs a new front clip and some other stuff. It's needed it for awhile, so nothing new there. I've had more important things to deal with so it's on the back burner.

My 88 BII is under the knife, the 2.9 is getting the top end freshened and a few performance goodies. Got a ton of work to do yet on the body and suspension yet, have all the parts for that except some repair panels for the wheel arches and I still need some interior pieces. Got all the other parts, just need time and good weather to put them together.

My choptop needs a new exhaust (headers back), tires, some bodywork (cleaning up the chop) and some odds and ends. I'm just happy it's back to being drivable after doing the 4.0 swap.

My F-150 needs the bodywork finished and a new exhaust from the cat back. And new tires. It's my work truck so tires are a priority.

And the 94 F-350 dump needs the heads re-worked and a variety of other issues sorted out. Which is also high on the priority list because I really need the dump back on the road. I could have raked in $1800 in two weeks already if I would have had it on the road. Sucks.

And the skid steer loader needs some new hydraulic hoses.

Somehow I'm stuck behind the proverbial 8 ball here. Anyone want to donate time and money to helping? lol

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Damn, I think you have more toys then time to work on them. I don't feel so bad neglecting mine occasionally now. Well I really hope it all comes together for you, especially the work trucks.
And thanks, I like the BII also. Probably never get rid of it .

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Damn, I think you have more toys then time to work on them. I don't feel so bad neglecting mine occasionally now. Well I really hope it all comes together for you, especially the work trucks.
And thanks, I like the BII also. Probably never get rid of it .

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Thanks. I usually do end up with time where I could work on things, but it's usually winter or rainy when that happens and without a garage to work on it in, it gets hard to do things under those conditions. Part of the problem too is that I never get anything fully done before I have to start using it again. Every time I've taken something off the road and intended to fix everything before driving it again, I usually end up running into unexpected problems and things take longer than expected and it just gets slapped back together and run. Then the stuff that I slapped back on ends up needing attention. Either that or my bright idea is foiled by junk parts like the slave cylinder on my F-150. I had to replace the clutch at 70k because the previous owner didn't know how to drive, so I decided it would be smart to throw a new slave cylinder on it. The old one wasn't leaking, but it's internal so it's smart, right? Wrong. Four slave cylinders (and four years) later, I yanked the transmission and shoved a ZF5 in it's place.

I didn't even mention about the 89 Ranger cab (and front half of frame) I have sitting. I've been toying with the idea of building a rear frame for it and make a crawler, but that might be awhile yet.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
In the past month:

1. Rewired everything I have added to the Ranger (fuel pump, efan, gauge lighting, ignition...) to run off of its own fuse panel that is fed by a relay instead of wire taps in the fuse panel.

2. Fixed the dome light so it works correctly for the first time in the 15.5 years I have had the truck (I find myself opening the door to marvel at it sometimes yet :secret:)

3. Swapped the bench seat back in and the bucket seats out for more legroom.

4. Changed manifold gaskets and voltage regulator on my main tractor so now it doesn't have a constant blue flame out of the exhaust (which admittedly was cool) and drop sparks at random :icon_surprised: and it charges so I can run the lights. When I pulled the hood off for the manifold gaskets I noticed the top hose had drips of antifreeze on both ends so I changed the top hose too. I am still waiting for a gasket for the power steering reservoir to get in so I can put the hood on and get it on the disk.

5. Pulled the radiator out of another tractor I just got to try to fix two leaks.

6. Still slowly rebuilding the D35 for my Ranger too at what seems like glacial speed... :sad:

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
That's a lot of stuff accomplished in a short time . The only one l have that really needs attention is the BII. Sometimes I find myself looking at my handiwork too. Someone's got to admire it lol. Like I said before, you guys really keep me motivated to do what needs it. Keep it up ?

Sent from my Alcatel9007T using Tapatalk

RayInStl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Well, that didn't work. Let's try something else!
2. Fixed the dome light so it works correctly for the first time in the 15.5 years I have had the truck (I find myself opening the door to marvel at it sometimes yet :secret:)
That is totally something I would do! lol. :bawling:

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
My BII hasn't really needed a whole lot of attention over the last year or so outside of simple maintenance such as oil changes...
I put a new auxiliary 4-banger cigar-lighter socket to replace the twin-socket one i had in the back so I wouldn't keep needing Y-adapters...

Replaced the chinsy Home Depot drawer slides I had on the fridge carrier (part of the camp storage unit I built).

My Ranger is what's been keeping me busier as of late...
One of it's dual batteries finally took a crap (11 years for that old Delco Voyager), so I bought two new Deka Marine Master batteries that wound up in the BII because they didn't have the proper mounting notch in the case to fit the Ranger battery tray (so the two-year-old Delco Voyagers that were in the BII will now go into the Ranger).
(I would've stayed with Voyagers except that (like a lot of batteries it seems) they're not the same quality anymore)

Replaced a(nother) fuse holder for my CB & aux power socket that the stupid internal crimped connection failed on :annoyed:

Replaced cracked fuel filler neck hose

Replaced the high-mount stoplight and aux bed/cargo lights I put on the roll bar (22-YO plastic housings have had their last days in the sun lol)

Fixed a corroded bulb in the Warn 4X fog lamp (water intrusion due to a rotted wiring grommet)

And a new set of tires I ordered but still need to put on it.

Still need to replace the crappy Pro Comp driving lights I have on it too (reflector coatings have all peeled up and gone to hell).

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Always liked your BII, looks real good. The Ranger looks pretty bad-ass too. They're both nice rigs and look like you keep them up. And your advice to forum questions always seems good. I know I've followed more then a few things you've suggested before. It's much appreciated.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
My pleasure. (and thanks)

One of these years I'm going to need to repaint both of them... The So Cal desert sun isn't exactly very nice to paint (or dashboards too for that matter lol).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals