• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Toyota before Congress....

Sevensecondsuv

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Many
Make / Model
All Fords!
Engine Size
Many
Transmission
Manual
Did anyone else watch the congressional hearings before congress? All I've got to say is Dog and Pony Show!!!!

While I am in no way defending Toyota's gas pedal problems, these congressional hearings are pointless. It's just an election year and all our high paid, good-for-nothing representatives want to look like they're actually doing something for us.

Beyond that, does anyone actually believe there is even a shred of credibility to any of this when the US government owns a large share of both Chrysler and GM? NOT!

Oh well, if it keeps them busy enough so that they don't get to meddling with my healthcare, I'm all for it! :icon_thumby:

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Toyota messed up. I am not sure I get the legislative branch being involved though either. What can they do? Maybe the NHTSA should be doing this?

Congress can only mess it up and I do wonder if it's a conflict of interests with the GM and Chrysler deals.

tempforce

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the uaw donated lots of campain money for the current administration. they just want some results from thier donations.
of course there's a conflict of interest issue as well.
cc

red93terror

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
7.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
I actually saw a post tonight on craigslist, and guys, i swear if im lying im dying, it was actually somebody stating that they wanted to buy a toyota with the gas pedal problem, intentionally wreck it and sue toyota!! they even stated they would split the money with the original seller!!!! they POSTED THEIR PHONE NUMBER!!!!!!! idiots!!!

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
all I got to say....... If Toyota has to answer for the gas pedal then f*ching Chrysler needs to answer for the steering problems in the Concord, the catching on fire of several different models, dangerously flawed strut towers, automatic transmissions that spray fluid on the engine and catch fire, HP power steering hoses that crack and spray a fine mist of steering fluid on exhaust components and catch fire, bolts that break on steering components on 2 year old un modified Ram 4x4....... Chrysler has never voluntarily recalled anything.

So if Congress is getting involved in Toyota's voluntary recall and suspension of production on certain models ......... then they need to bring Chrysler's Management up on manslaughter charges.

akalogan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Toyota messed up. I am not sure I get the legislative branch being involved though either. What can they do? Maybe the NHTSA should be doing this?

Congress can only mess it up and I do wonder if it's a conflict of interests with the GM and Chrysler deals.
It is the government, of course it is a conflict of interest.

Mr99Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Did anyone see that ugly ass bitch with the lexus problem............

"SHAME ON YOU, TOYOTA!"

I don't know what it was about her, but something made me want to punch her in the mouth!

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Did anyone see that ugly ass bitch with the lexus problem............

"SHAME ON YOU, TOYOTA!"

I don't know what it was about her, but something made me want to punch her in the mouth!
It was probably the mouth itself. I know I frequently want to punch ugly people, and the ugly part is really the only thing they all have in common, same with stupid people.

Yeah, Congressional hearings are really just a joke. The only thing that ever comes of them are new, more ridiculous laws that the manufacturers have to adhere to about expecting the unexpected.

Last edited:

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
you know, congress can try to rake Toyota over the coals all they want, but in the end, Toyota can close all their plants, put hundreds of thousands of workers out of a job and leave .......

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm with the dog and pony show.When Toyota makes this good and I think they will Congress wants us to believe they helped make it happen.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
so spread the word then. I don't want those f*cks in congress to able to take credit for sh1t......

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
you know, congress can try to rake Toyota over the coals all they want,
MMM, barbecued Japanese. *Homer Simpson drool*

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
all I got to say....... If Toyota has to answer for the gas pedal then f*ching Chrysler needs to answer for the steering problems in the Concord, the catching on fire of several different models, dangerously flawed strut towers, automatic transmissions that spray fluid on the engine and catch fire, HP power steering hoses that crack and spray a fine mist of steering fluid on exhaust components and catch fire, bolts that break on steering components on 2 year old un modified Ram 4x4....... Chrysler has never voluntarily recalled anything.

So if Congress is getting involved in Toyota's voluntary recall and suspension of production on certain models ......... then they need to bring Chrysler's Management up on manslaughter charges.
EXACTLY, I will take a Toyota any day, even with defective accelerator pedals than buy a piece of SH1T Chrysler product.

Look at the banner at the top of this site: http://donotbuydodge.ca/daimlerchrysler.htm THAT is exactly how I feel!

Toyota is the #1 car company in the word for a reason.

Last edited:

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
lol ..... I have wanted to do that more than once to my minivan, and you know, I have had 3 Dakotas, all 3 good trucks..... must have been built by mitsubishi......

Mr99Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My grandma's got an 01 durango 4.7 with 85k on it and runs like new. Only problem it had was when her fiancee bought her a second-rate remote start system and had it installed by idiots. It ended up backfeeding into the central timer module and causing a short which caused the interior lights to stay on. Took it to monroeville dodge(great service department) and $600 later, good as new. I've also ran motorcraft synthetic blend since 2004 in it to avoid the sludging problem common on the 4.7 engines.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals