• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Toyota 2jz Swap???

RonDence

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Has anyone ever considered toyota 2jz twin turbo swap out of a supra??? ive heard og people doing them in old toyota trucks. if anyone has already done one just looking for what i exactly need and or easier ways to do things.
2001 Mazda b2300
2.3l
auto

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
You're not going to like this, but it's the answer that I have to provide.

From your post it seems you're pretty new to engine swaps. A very obvious issue is the I6 configuration. You're going to have to start measuring and you're going to find you'll need to cut up the firewall. There s no easy way to swap this engine, if fact, this would be one of those "expert level" swaps.

If you're looking for anything remotely "easy" or even "easier", a 4.0 swap would be a good start, or adding a turbo to your 2.3L for a little bit harder than that.

I'm quite certain no one has done one, due to said master level engine swap know-how.

There is a LOT that needs to happen when fitting a different engine into a vehicle that wasn't originally made for it. I would start browsing through some of the engine swap threads on this site and others. Read every thing you can about the difficulties and solutions, and even abandonment's of the projects.

cp2295

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L swap, 8.8 explorer axle, IFS front end
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you ain't first you're last
Yeah totally agree^

You'd need an engine obviously, an R154 transmission at least (v16x is better). The slave cylinder and clutch kit for your engine/transmission combo, a custom hose for the hydraulic fluid to attach your master to the Toyota slave cylinder. You'd need all the accesories from a 2j and a custom power steering hose to attach the pump to the rack. You'd need to figure out how your radiator would fit and also get an intercooler and figure that part out too. You'd need to fab custom motor mounts, trAns mount and crossmember. You'd also need a custom driveshaft, and would probably want to swap an 8.8 from an explorer since that 7.5" diff ain't gonna put up to the 2j. Couldn't put up to my 4.0l haha. You're gonna need to definitely cut out and re do the hole for the stick shift. A custom shifter also since it'll be in a truck. An ecu and wiring harness, then for the fun part, figuring out how to make the 2jz sensors communicate with your ignition switch, dash gauges, fuses, relays, etc. you'd need to probably hook the fuel pump and starter to their own switches for ease. You'll also need at least a walboro 255lph fuel pump. A custom down pipe and exhaust system too, and custom intercooler piping. You'll also probably wanna run dual e fans since the fan clutch is most likely not gonna fit with the already limited room you're gonna have.

I could go on for forever

I recently swapped a 1jz into my mk3 supra (which had a NA 7mge in it to begin with) and even in that car it was a challenging swap. A car which has a straight six to begin with, and came stock with a 1jz in Japan. Wiring was quite fun... Not! And routing the intercooler piping even tho it was meant for that car and motor was also a pain. Luckily I didn't have to make custom motor mounts or a driveline all that bolted right in.

Point being unless you have a boatload of cash, and all the time in the world, I wouldn't attempt it.

Get a 5.0 from an explorer and hook a t5 transmission to it. Done.

Also just realized you have an auto.. Yank that thing out ASAP, and get a clutch pedal assembly and all that jazz from a junkyard

Last edited:

crokarlo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
If you have the time and money do it. I'd do it from a Lexus is300 you can find those at junkyards easy and boost it done. It's easier to do a 5.0 swap. More hp and way cooler having a v8. Or just boost yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
With the right amount of time, money, and labor you can swap anything you want into your ranger.

Also 2JZ engines are quite expensive so you also have to front the cash for one.

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals