• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

towing a car.

SalvagedB3000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys, I'm new to these trucks. I'm thiking about using mine to towe my 87 Mazda rx7 to the race track, but I dont know if my 95 b3000 2wd can even do that. Or what kind of mods would I need if its not possible? I was thinking towing only one axle, not a whole trailer.

michowski

Reaction score
It will be able to pull it. These are tough little trucks. If your unsure I would just maybe now strap it on and go for a few blocks and see how your engine does and also more importantly how your brakes feel.

SalvagedB3000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Manual
Are there any brake upgrades I can get off other cars and bolt on? What about the chasis? would that be a weak link? I do minor fabrication at work, and I could upgrade my car, but I'm pretty new to owning a truck. So I wanna learn more about it

PARKINGLOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
well, a hitch, for starters. And always brake early...give yourself lots of room until you know how it'll react. I towed a dakota on a tow dolly with my old 87 ranger, 2.3 5-speed. It'll do it, no question. It's more a question if YOU can properly control it.

Jordan94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Yup should to1w no problem, I towed my buddies stock car to the races with my 94 B3000 4x4 and a big old trailer. But the only thing I would be worried is making sure the car is secure, I let my buddies tie down the stock car while I was inside the house gathering some last minute things and lets just say I made it 20 feet with the trailer before I felt a crap load of weight on my bumper and the noise end of the car in my tail gate... always double check your chain and straps

amx68390

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1968, 1978, 197
Make / Model
AMC (2), Ford (
Transmission
Automatic
yeah my buddy borrowed my (2200lb empty)flatbed to tow a V8 gremlin from detroit mich, through chicago, back to plymouth wi.... i don't think he had the brakes hooked up either, and it was lifted with 31's or 32's......i was like you break it you bought it lol.

spittinfire

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
You should be fine. I've towed a number of cars with my Ranger.....some on a dolly and others on trailers. I've maxed it out a few times(according to the manufacturers ratings) and other then the need to drive it like you're pulling a heavy trailer it did fine. Look and see what your truck is rated to tow and remember, the important thing is not getting it rolling, it's getting it stopped!!
I would also highly recommend getting a hitch if you don't already have one.

LittleBigFoot

V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
79-00
Make / Model
Mostly Ford.
Engine Size
Building a 408w
Transmission
Automatic
Get a good receiver hitch. I'm not a big fan of bumper hitches....

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you plan on going to the track once a week or more, you should consider getting something bigger. If you only go two or three times a year than yeah, the b3000 will do fine.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals