• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Torque wrenches in in. lbs

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yep! Look up "vulture capitalist."

It's not entirely Amazon and online shopping that has tanked retailers. A fair share of it was done intentionally. Many venture capitalists acquire a bunch of companies, lower the quality, place all the dept on one of the retailers they acquired to a point there is no way that particular retailer will be able to pay it off, then they declare bankruptcy so Wall Street can get their bonuses.
Yeah, my hometown has lost both Kmart and Shopko because of it.

I always thought Sears had a pretty clunky website though which probably didn't help anything. They were not putting money back into the business.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
The kmart in my town is awesome. It's like a post apocalyptic wasteland. You rarely see an employee, all the merchandise (whats left of it) is just strewn about randomly, half the lights dont work. You can basically just walk in, grab a pile of stuff and walk out. For the life of me I cant figure out why someone even bothers to wake up in the morning to go open the damn place. :dunno:

Ive considered applying for a job there and never showing up just to see how long they would keep sending me paychecks before they even notice.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The kmart in my town is awesome. It's like a post apocalyptic wasteland. You rarely see an employee, all the merchandise (whats left of it) is just strewn about randomly, half the lights dont work. You can basically just walk in, grab a pile of stuff and walk out. For the life of me I cant figure out why someone even bothers to wake up in the morning to go open the damn place. :dunno:

Ive considered applying for a job there and never showing up just to see how long they would keep sending me paychecks before they even notice.
All we had was Shopko, Kmart and Dollar General... so ours was in pretty decent shape and pretty busy. Mismanagement higher up screwed up two of them.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Meijer sells Tekton tools, and they are very nicely finished. never used any, but what I looked at when I peruse the tool aisle looks very well made and a good quality tool.

AJ

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
My in/lb torque is a beam type. Not sure I would trust my 3/8 clicker to do fine in/lb measurements.

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I actually worked at a well known Sears for 6 years in the shipping/receiving dept. It was honestly a good job when I started. Minimum wage was only $5.25 at the time and I started out at $6.70 or something like that so I was well above minimum wage which is good for an 18yr old not working in a factory. Shortly after min wage went up above my pay grade and then the 2008 recession started. All raises were frozen. Only way to get more money was to go to different job positions. It was a clean store, fully stocked shelves all the time. We got trucks 3-4 times a week with goods. Our store was on of the best in Ohio and actually had good sales to back it up. I remember every morning we had meetings and talking about numbers. a good Saturday would be about $60-80k/day. Day after thanksgiving was a whole different story. We would be around $200k/day which is really good for a failing sears at the time. They are still in business at the Richland Mall. I haven't been in there in years so I don't know about the upkeep. I would imagine it's like most other sears and k marts. I think if they would have updated their cash registers with some that weren't from the 80's that could have helped them out a lot. Green screens for life! lol.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
I actually worked at a well known Sears for 6 years in the shipping/receiving dept. It was honestly a good job when I started. Minimum wage was only $5.25 at the time and I started out at $6.70 or something like that so I was well above minimum wage which is good for an 18yr old not working in a factory. Shortly after min wage went up above my pay grade and then the 2008 recession started. All raises were frozen. Only way to get more money was to go to different job positions. It was a clean store, fully stocked shelves all the time. We got trucks 3-4 times a week with goods. Our store was on of the best in Ohio and actually had good sales to back it up. I remember every morning we had meetings and talking about numbers. a good Saturday would be about $60-80k/day. Day after thanksgiving was a whole different story. We would be around $200k/day which is really good for a failing sears at the time. They are still in business at the Richland Mall. I haven't been in there in years so I don't know about the upkeep. I would imagine it's like most other sears and k marts. I think if they would have updated their cash registers with some that weren't from the 80's that could have helped them out a lot. Green screens for life! lol.
Was that the Richland Mall in Columbia. SC? Didn't shop that one very much. I lived in Irmo.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I looked yesterday (because I used it). My 3/8 torque wrench is in inch lbs, but it starts at 120, so 10 ft lb.

I don't know the brand, but I bought it at Advance. It wasn't the AutoCrap house brand, its the other one they carry.

MSRP was a little salty for my taste, I got it stupid cheap because some dink bought it, opened it, then realized it wasn't what he wanted, and returned it. I was there when it happened and asked the GM if he'd sell it to me at the "open box" price.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals