• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Top of Payload Dimensions for 2011 Ranger Sport 4X4

klcarri

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Hi All,
Have a simple question for you.

I want to purchase a used canopy for my 2011 Ranger Sport 4x4. The truck
has a 5 spead manual transmission, a 4.0L 6 Cylinder engine and the jump seats in the cab (seats 5?).

I measured 74.5 by 60 inches for the top of payload. Is this accurate?

the used canopy apparently measures 73 by 60 inches but is advertised that it was on a Ranger.

What is the fit range for canopies.

Also do the top of payload dimensions change for earlier body styles.

Your help is appreciated.

Kevin

saskbill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Don't have any direct experience with with newer (after 1994) styles, but my understanding is Ford used the same inner bed for fleetsides right though (actually two different - six foot and seven foot, and a third one for Stepsides). What they did do was put on wider box sides after 1992 to match the widened cab (bout an inch and a half wider at the top - flare outwards towards the midline of the bed).

I once transported a 1993-4 bed upside down on my 1991 extended cab shortbox using wooden 2x2s in my bedstake holes up into the newer box's holes so I know this to be true between (1989 to 1992) 1991 and (93 up) 93-94 boxes. These threads tend to confirm it for all Rangers:

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65380
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18356

Of course, as noted in the thread, early (Gen1, 2) caps will bolt on later boxes, but will look goofy b/c the sides will stick way out underneath it - the simile was drawn of a tiny beanie on a very chubby head.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals