• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Todays weather

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
It was 95° or so. I had to take my truck and trailer to my sister-in-laws, load up pretty much everything it the garage, drive to their new house, and unload it all. It was hot, sweaty, and miserable... it sucked.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
It was 95° or so. I had to take my truck and trailer to my sister-in-laws, load up pretty much everything it the garage, drive to their new house, and unload it all. It was hot, sweaty, and miserable... it sucked.
I think it’s against the law to ask people to help you move unless it’s over 90*F.

At the very least, I’ve never had the pleasure....

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
it was 98° with a dewpoint of 18° which resulted in the humidity being 6%. Air that dry at that temperature dries out everything. It is forecast to get down to 69° overnight, which is very warm. The average low is 54°. 103° for tomorrow and the humidity will double to 12%.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Humidity here does not normally drop below 60%, most of the time it is 80+. When it's hot out we regularly have 100% humidity for weeks.

I live in a little valley with a lot of trees and a steam, it's like a mini rain forest in the summer.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
It’s relatively nice today. 73 with 63% humidity. The only downer is the pollen count playing havoc with the sinuses. Not as bad as yesterday or the day before when the pollen count was high. Just medium high today.

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Humidity here does not normally drop below 60%, most of the time it is 80+. When it's hot out we regularly have 100% humidity for weeks.

I live in a little valley with a lot of trees and a steam, it's like a mini rain forest in the summer.
You don't understand humidity. When it is hot humidity drops as it is a measure of the amount of water air can hold at a given temperature up to saturation at which point you will have fog. I just looked up the weather at Allentown. Right now it is 73° with a dewpoint of 50° which is a relative humidity of 43%. That really isn't humid weather. Dewpoints in the upper 40s and low 50s are what you would see normally see on the West Coast at low elevations west of the Sierra Nevada-Cascade ranges. If the dewpoint remains at 50° and the temperature is increases to 100° the humidity will then be at 18% because the warmer air can hold more water. During the afternoon you will often see the dewpoints increase simply because the air can hold more water that evaporates from the environment. That's if the local weather conditions don't bring in wetter or drier air. Over here where I'm at the low elevations west of the Sierra Nevada are influenced by marine air that is cooler and carries some moisture closer to the surface. The air is drier once you go above this layer of air. During the day the warm air rising from the ground has to be replace by air from somewhere, and it often results in mixing the dry air with the air near the ground, so the dewpoints sometimes fall during the day here. If we have winds that come down from any of the mountain ranges it will bring very dry air down to the low elevations and that is what happened yesterday, and this is also why fires take off explosively in the fall when Southern California gets their "Santa Ana" winds.

Anyway, here's a map with all the temperatures near you. If you click on observations you can select the map to display dewpoints, humidity, and other things.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
While you right I do not know much about how weather works or is measured. I am familiar with NOAAs website.

I had one of them inexpensive mercury thermostats that had a mechanic dial that was supposed to indicate humidity level (exploded last winter). Most days it was indicating 80% humidity in the summer.

Today is not bad out at though, haven’t rained in a few days.

G8orFord

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC S/C
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
Just the right size to touch the ground.
it was 98° with a dewpoint of 18° which resulted in the humidity being 6%. Air that dry at that temperature dries out everything. It is forecast to get down to 69° overnight, which is very warm. The average low is 54°. 103° for tomorrow and the humidity will double to 12%.
I'm pretty sure no part of Florida has never seen 6% humidity. In fact, I'm not sure anywhere in the southeast has ever experienced that.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
us either. if we didn't have year round wind, it would be horrible to live here

Humidity and Wind
Corpus Christi has some high humidity months, with other comfortably humid months. The least humid month is October (55% relative humidity), and the most humid month is July (62.2%).

Wind in Corpus Christi is usually moderate. The windiest month is April, followed by May and March. April’s average wind speed of around 11.3 knots (13 MPH or 20.9 KPH) is considered “a moderate breeze.” Maximum sustained winds (the highest speed for the day lasting more than a few moments) are at their highest in late April where average top sustained speeds reach 20 knots, which is considered a fresh breeze.

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
It reached 81° yesterday with a dewpoint of 46°/humidity of 30%. It got down to 54° this morning with a dewpoint of 52° with a relative humidity of 94% and some mist and low stratus because temperature and dewpoint intersected and condensation occurred. It should reach 85°/ 50° dewpoint/ 30% relative humidity. High temperatures over the weekend will be in the upper 70s, lows in the lower 50s.

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
It got up to 100° in my backyard today. At 11:00 PM it is 80°, which is warm here for this late in the evening. The forecast for tomorrow is for 102°, more hot and dumb weather, then 83° and some light rain on Sunday.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
The temps were 90s but the heat index has been around 110 here.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
10am temps here

Attachments

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Weather warning for us. 100 (4") mm of rain...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals