• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Today's Lesson in Irony

bmerr98

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 X
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Leave it better than you found it.
I've seen these floating around here and there, but my mother in law sent them together in a recent email (she's awesome, BTW). Why does no one bring this stuff up during an election?

These three statements tell you a lot about our government and our
culture:

1. We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few
lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions
of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.

And another statement for consideration--

2. We constantly hear about how Social Security is going to run out
of money. How come we never hear about welfare running out of money?
What's interesting is the first group "worked for" their money, but
the second didn't.

Finally ..

3. The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of
Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount
of free Meals and Food Stamps ever --- to 47 million people, as of the
most recent figures available in 2013.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S.
Department of the Interior, asks us "Please Do Not Feed the Animals."
The stated reason for this policy is because "The animals will grow
dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus Ends Today's Lesson On Irony

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Well, if politicians could do or say anything that made any sense or was at all worthwhile they would be in business, not politics.

90longbed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah it pisses me off that the lazy freeloaders that dont want to work can get soc security or welfare..... then you see them at the store in their pimped out tahoe, using food stamps and whipping out a big roll of cash to pay for the 3 carts of food they have...... and yet people like me who havent worked in almost 3 1/2 years and cant work because of health issues get the shaft....I want to work but cant...not sure if its side effects of my meds or brain damage from lack of oxygen for a long period of time that has me so messed up I cannot work along with my bad back.....

Chris_North

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well, if politicians could do or say anything that made any sense or was at all worthwhile they would be in business, not politics.
Seems to be most beneficial to be in both.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Here is a good one

I was behind someone checking out at Wal-Mart who had 1 cart full of food (you know chips/soft drinks/frozen pizza/etc.) and paid for it with an EBT card. no big deal right? Well they had a second cart full of beer (I mean FULL) and paid cash for it. :icon_confused:

I wanted to say something but didn't.

Seriously if you want to see where the welfare people are go to a Wal-Mart on any weekday (take off work to go see) around noon, you will be amazed at what you find.

r1ckm4n

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy...
1. We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few
lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions
of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.
I have friends in all walks of life. I know a lot of Muslims, Jews, Christians and believe it or not a Zoroastrian. I myself am an Atheist. I also own guns. I think the outrage with all the above is because these days, media convergence on a single issue is absolutely absurd. We have so much technology baring down on news stories that the people of the world; Americans in particular - we are drinking from a fire hose of bad news and bullshit. It does not surprise me that the rest of society, a good lot of whom are not very well educated in such matters fall victim to the hype. The political figure heads respond in haste and piss off those who are good people.

Lets set aside, for a moment,, the leadership of some of the "evil empires."
In Russia, education is mostly subsidized by the state. I knew some Russian girls that worked with my Grandmother in the hospitality industry a few years back. They were attending university in Russia. They paid some $300 per year and the state paid the rest. They were very smart. They also strangely enough owned guns back in Russia. When something like Sandy Hook happens over there, the FSB goes in there and cleans up, and you never hear about it.
They were so confused about us as a people. Many of the people they hung out with here were clueless and rude to them. These are the images they take home with them.

We are very much a welfare society, and it makes me ill when I look at how much gets taken out of my paycheck to fund such programs. I am in between jobs right now, and have no intention of using unemployment. I'll whore myself out to do whatever to make rent. I have been in this position before and found a way to make ends meet. Family helps - the state does not.
The state will give a handout - but they won't "teach me to fish." It disgusts me that we are not making people work for the welfare - like say give some service to the state or go back to university.

I worked with a girl who was from Iran when I was doing this rather large IT project. Not only did she make amazing tea that would wake you the **** up - she was smart as ****, like the Russians i mentioned earlier. The case case is true with education over there. They know as a country that if they have any chance of outflanking western interests, they need to be up on their education. They are truly a force to reckon with. They are a religious state, but they focus an awful lot on educating their youth in Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Technology. Look at their defense industry - it is self sufficient and they are producing some scary weapon systems on their own. They sent that girl here to go to grad school here in the US. She will likely be employed in their technology or defense industry when she gets home. Iran's leadership will go through a huge change in the coming years, as the nation is made up of a huge youth population post the Iraq/Iran war and most of the older generation being sent to ****ing die in the 80's. They are young, smart, educated. This can not be said for other middle eastern nations. Shit, in the UAE there is a huge strata between the elite educated ruling class and the natives - who are not well educated at all. Afghanistan is not just sending women to school... Don't get me started on the Saudis. India is really taking a lead on educating their people - or attempting to do so anyway. Most developers that I work with on projects are Indian.

I guess what the take away from all this is that our problems are uniquely American, thus can be solved by Americans. I think if we used 1/10th of the money that we spend on entitlement programs and divert it to education for all, we will see a huge change - as educated people are more likely to challenge shitty ideas. The reason we are where we are is that not enough people have TRULY held their representatives' feet to the ****ing fire.
I'm not saying there should be an insurrection, but maybe all of america saying "We won't pay" would shake the institution enough where change would be forced by way of a capital insurrection.

Most of my friends - bless them - are not very wise, and fear what they don't know, and therefore spend most of their time blaming the government for all of their problems. I feel like that is very pervasive throughout society, and why we always seem to lose. For better or for worse, the government is still for and by the people, but when the people suck, so does the government. The Iranian girl I knew - and her fellow countrymen/women would so badly love to have a government like ours. They don't have a ****ing choice with the Guardian Council and the Supreme Leader running the show. We, on the other hand, if educated accordingly, can take our shit back. I honestly believe that Congress should be alike a Jury Duty type deal where you are drafted to serve a term. The Senate would have like 0 room to pull half of the bullshit that they get away with.

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
ALL OF THE ABOVE PLUS THIS:

IRONY.....YOU SPEND 18 MONTHS IN A WAR ZONE KILLING MEN (AND WOMEN) WHO WERE FARMERS, FACTORY WORKERS, TEACHERS, MECHANICS, DOCTORS, NURSES, COOKS, LABORERS, ETC.......YOU RUN OUT OF AMMUNITION BY NOON EVERY DAY NEAR THE END OF YOUR "TOUR OF DUTY" BECAUSE CONGRESS IS MAKING CUTBACKS (DEMOCRAT & REPUBLICANS ARE SQUABBLING OVER THE NATIONAL DEBT).....YOU GO A MONTH AT A TIME WITHOUT A SHOWER IN 120*F HEAT/90*F AT NIGHT (THE OFFICERS GET THE WATER FIRST--IF THE WATER RUNS OUT-OHHHHHH WELL). THE CREASES IN YOUR THIGHS ARE BLEEDING AND BURNING FROM JUNGLE-ROT/YOUR TESTICLES FEEL LIKE THEY ARE ON FIRE. YOU LEARN TO QUIT CRYING WHILE STUFFING DEAD BABIES AND CHILDREN THAT ENEMY SOLDIERS SLAUGHTERED, INTO POTATO SACKS TO HAND TO THEIR MAMAS AT THE REFUGEE CAMP THE NEXT DAY. BECAUSE OF YOUR ANGER, YOU SCREAM AT THE SKY UNTIL YOU ARE TOO HOARSE TO TALK. YOU END UP ON A PLANE BOUND FOR HOME NOT KNOWING HOW TO THINK WITHOUT YOUR MACHINE GUN/M-16/.38 PISTOL (HAND GRENADES IF YOU CAN GET THEM). ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS AND SOME RELATIVES WONT TALK TO YHOU BECAUSE THE MEDIA HAS LABELED YOU AS BABY-KILLERS. EMPLOYERS RUN YOU OUT OF THEIR OFFICE DURING YOUR JOB INTERVIEW WHEN THEY SEE ON YOUR APPLICATION THAT YOU ARE A NAM VET.....YOU ACCEPT JOBS THAT NO ONE ELSE WANTS BECAUSE NO ONE NEEDS A DOORGUNNER. YOU WAKE UP AT NIGHT SOAKING WITH SWEAT FROM NIGHTMARES TOO TIRED TO DO A DAY'S WORK, BUT YOU TRY TO ANYWAY. YOU WATCH YOUR NATION GOE DOWN THE TUBES WHILE THE YOUNGER GENERATION IS TAUGHT THAT PERVERSION IN PUBLIC AND STUPIDITY IN POLITICS IS NORMAL BEHAVIOR, YOUR ARE LABELED AS A POSSIBLE THREAT TO 'SOCIETY" BECAUSE GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS KNOW THAT YOU KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE REALLY DOING. YOUR NATION YOU FOUGHT TO PROTECT IS BEING GIVEN AWAY ON A DAILY BASIS TO BUY VOTES FROM ILLEGAL MEXICANS. YOUR ONLY SON IS MURDERED BY AN ILLEGAL MEXICAN 3 MILES FRON=M YOUR HOME, BUT 'AUTHORITIES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PERSUE HIM BECAUSE OF ORDERS FROM YOUR ATTORNEY GENERAL". YOU LIVE WITH GUILT BECAUSE YOU WERE/ARE NOT ABLE TO PROTECT YOUR OWN CHILDREN. THE MURDERER OF YOUR CHILD MIGHT BE CAUGHT IF YOU GIVE THE MEXICAN GOVERNMENT $10,000 FOR PAPERWORK FEES. YOUR V.A. PSYCHIATRIST GETS NERVOUS BECAUSE ALWAYS EXHIBIT A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF ANGER AT YOUR SESSIONS AND BECAUSE YOU HAVE PURCHASED A WINCHESTER REPEATING RIFLE AFTER NOT EMOTIONALBY BEING ABLE TO TOUCH A WEAPON FOR 35 YEARS SINCE VIET NAM. BUT YOU FINALLY BUY YOUR DREAM RIFLE, BUT ARE AFRAID TO SHOOT IT BECAUSE OF WAR MEMORIES, BECAUSE YOU ALWAYS WANTED ONE SINCE YOU WERE A LITTLE KID BECAUSE JOHN WAYNE AND ROWDY YATES HAD ONE. ONE FOOL IS VOTED OUT OF OFFICE AND ANOTHER FOOL IS VOTED INTO OFFICE........................AND WE ALL CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT ELECTION TO'GET THE RIGHT MAN (OR WOMAN)INTO OFFICE'.

YOU TALK ABOUT THIS NATION TURNING ITSELF AROUND AND BECOMING A GODLY NATION........AND PEOPLE LOOK AT YOU LIKE YOUR A LUNATIC!

IRONY.

(MY flag is at half-mast......for my Nation)

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......I forgot....................

3 cheers for my friends at the N. S. A. ! And some illegal mexicans are good/hard-working mexicans---but still ILLEGAL!

And while I've got some of you ****ed-off.........Jesus Christ is LORD.

Last edited:

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Eric Snowden is a traitor! Un-American!:rolleyes:

BLOODBANE

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORDFORD
Engine Size
347, 4.oh
Transmission
Automatic
Doorgunner first off let me say, THANK YOU, and WELCOME HOME. You guys got crapped on big time. I wasnt there (too young) but I do have some good friends that were. One of my best friends was on a howitzer fire team. Senior trip was being sent to southeast Asia. Gets home after being told nothing but kill. kill, kill, then he's told O.K. dont kill no more. Gets spit on coming into the airport. Yeah thanks. One of the most decent people I know.

I have another buddy who was a MP in Saigon during evac. The man couldnt even watch Rambo II without crying.

If the assholes that declared the wars had to go through what the actual fighting men did, we would have a whole lot less.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals