• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tinnitus.

Mr99Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Tinnitus, I got it, do any of you? Just figured I'd ask, and if any of y'all need help dealing with it, I can give you some tips.

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
i've had it since i was probably younger than 10. its never quieted down

Mr99Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Same with me. Just gotta deal with it. Some people can't, though, so I devised some tips to help them out.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
I have it, got it while in the Army, I do my best to ignore it

master hec0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
So this is when you hear noise in the absence of sound? If it is quiet I can hear a whistling noise quite high frequency i have had it all my life. Sometimes it gets really loud I thought everybody had this.

rockwerks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 mazda b400
Make / Model
1996 Jeep chero
Transmission
Automatic
Tinnitus, I got it, do any of you? Just figured I'd ask, and if any of y'all need help dealing with it, I can give you some tips.
What can't hear ya because of this Fricken constant ringing in my ears:icon_twisted: Yeah I have it , mine sounds like a faucet running all the time....a water leak sound

Southern_Trendkill

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1961, 2010
Make / Model
Mercury, Mitsub
Engine Size
144 "Thriftpower", 2.4 MIVEC
Transmission
Manual
I'll take some tips, jet engines have wreaked havoc on my ears. For me it's that same high pitched sound that old TV's make.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
I'll take some tips, jet engines have wreaked havoc on my ears. For me it's that same high pitched sound that old TV's make.
really? thats the same reason I have it and mine sounds like processor fans...... really loud high pitched processor fans ............

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
One of my worst fears is losing/damaging my hearing. I always bring earplugs to concerts and nightclubs, and always wear them when using any kind of machine like my lawnmower, leaf blower, etc.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I usually hear this gentle air flow sound when it's really quiet at home in my room....

Oh, wait, that must be my computer! :icon_rofl:

Sometimes I really do have problems, one way I've handled it when trying to sleep is to put the radio on really low just to create some background noise. That usually works for me to wash it out.

Mr99Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Heres how I deal with it:

1. Work good and hard and make yourself tired throughout the day, so when you go to bed you fall right to sleep regardless of noise.

2. If you've gone to a doctor and say theres been ear damage done and this is what caused it, you HAVE to live with it. Its never gonna get any better, so just tell yourself you'll have to deal with it.your only option to get rid of a ringing from inner ear damage is to kill yourself, and why do that cause of a little ringing you here only when its quiet.

3.Have a little noise in the background, I like the furnace and some oldies played softly over the radio. Drowns out the ring real nice.

4. Don't waste your money on self-help tapes for this. All they do is tell you to ignore it, and this is bullshit. It cant always be ignored. You just have to remember that you have to live with it and it wont get better, and that its not worth killing yourself over.

Thats how I live with tinnitus, and I like these rules because they point to common logic.

-Jeremy

nitrofan1

Man without a Ranger
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
EJ251
Transmission
Automatic
One of my worst fears is losing/damaging my hearing. I always bring earplugs to concerts and nightclubs, and always wear them when using any kind of machine like my lawnmower, leaf blower, etc.
Lost hearing in my left ear do to severe illness in 07. The worst part is being having tinnitus in your deaf ear. In a quite room the ringing is well deafening! Sometimes I wish to have my ear drum removed since it no longer works than to have it but eh, ya have to live with it.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Heres how I deal with it:

1. Work good and hard and make yourself tired throughout the day, so when you go to bed you fall right to sleep regardless of noise.

2. If you've gone to a doctor and say theres been ear damage done and this is what caused it, you HAVE to live with it. Its never gonna get any better, so just tell yourself you'll have to deal with it.your only option to get rid of a ringing from inner ear damage is to kill yourself, and why do that cause of a little ringing you here only when its quiet.

3.Have a little noise in the background, I like the furnace and some oldies played softly over the radio. Drowns out the ring real nice.

4. Don't waste your money on self-help tapes for this. All they do is tell you to ignore it, and this is bullshit. It cant always be ignored. You just have to remember that you have to live with it and it wont get better, and that its not worth killing yourself over.

Thats how I live with tinnitus, and I like these rules because they point to common logic.

-Jeremy

Glad it works for you, I just ignore it....... I usually have background noise going.

Spitfire1975

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Same for me. 20 years of equipment has pretty much doomed me, even though I used plugs most of the time. I hear it over everything, not just when it is quiet. I lose a lot of sleep over it (which is why you see me on here at 3 in the morning), but there isn't much I can do....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals