• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

timing chain ?

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
So I have been doing some maintenance lately and was wondering if i should replace my timing chain or not. I have a 2000 3.0L with 106,000 miles on it. And if it doesn't what milage should i look into it. Thanks.

Big Jim M

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'd be checking back when it gets 250K on it.. But at that low milage it is hardly broken in.
Big Jim

fourwheelford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 Flex
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah im with big jim I replaced mine at 100000 ONLY because I had to take the timing chain cover off to repair a coolant leak so I figured while the front of the motor was off anyway I would do the gears and chain and front crank seal. At that mileage there was hardly any stretch and the gears looked good. That was an all day thing that if its not needed could be better spent fishing or drinking beer:)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals