• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tie Rod Ends update

professor229

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Tie rod update...... So I finished (they are never really finished) the Ranger project enough to take it on a shake down drive and found some issues..... but nothing serious.... One of the three issues was the steering... it was OK... but as I went down some side streets a little faster, there was a slight drift to the right... low tire? perhaps??? nope... all tires were good... crowned road? nope... and I then went on better road and got it up to 40 mph.... and it had a slight drift to the right for sure... not bad.... but you could not release the wheel and have the Ranger go straight.... Re-checked the tire pressure to make sure I didn't have a low tire... nope.... so since it got new tie rods, I think it is a pretty good idea to suspect the alignment.... so I have watched all the DIY alignment videos... and will probably try that tomorrow.... I ran a golf course for over 30 years... and we had to do alignment on almost all the equipment and most had steering in the rear.... we got good at it.... so the mowers went straight and did not drift...... Anyway.... my I need to get this done..... any suggestions?

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
You got this. A little tweak here. A little tweak there. Good to go.

Rimjam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Health is wealth
Almost all public roads (ALL paved) have a crown in the middle (except in curves) to make water drain so some slight 'lane drift' is nothing to worry about. A good front-end tech can adjust it out but at the expense of slight increased tire wear. More important to keep a check on your tires - look for feather edging (run hand back & forth across tread of tire and up & down tread), uneven wear or scalloping (indicates more than just misalignment).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals