• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

tie rod adjuster

red_ranger50

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0ohv
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.25in
Tire Size
hey all, im looking for left and riight hand thread bungs to weld into some DOM to make custom tie rod adjusters for my steering. i have a 96 ranger with camburg beams on it and stock ranger steering. with shitty lengthend adjusters i want to make better ones using bungs and jam nuts. i really want to get away from the split pinch set up that is has, so has anyone else done this? iv searched it and called everyone i can think of but i cant track anything down.

yes i know stock ranger steering isnt that strong. i plan on going to a full cross over steering later once i can afford it. but for now i just want to make some sweet and nice looking adjuster that can take more abuse then the crap i have,

any knowledge and good input will be greatly appreciated.

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
hey all, im looking for left and riight hand thread bungs to weld into some DOM to make custom tie rod adjusters for my steering. i have a 96 ranger with camburg beams on it and stock ranger steering. with shitty lengthend adjusters i want to make better ones using bungs and jam nuts. i really want to get away from the split pinch set up that is has, so has anyone else done this? iv searched it and called everyone i can think of but i cant track anything down.

yes i know stock ranger steering isnt that strong. i plan on going to a full cross over steering later once i can afford it. but for now i just want to make some sweet and nice looking adjuster that can take more abuse then the crap i have,

any knowledge and good input will be greatly appreciated.
I have never seen weld in bungs with the same metric thread pitch as the stock tie-rod-ends for a Ranger, that is if you are trying to retain the stock components. They may exist but I doubt it otherwise I would have come across them by now (had my fair share of experience with the TTB steering).

I would suggest just saving up for your crossover setup and live with the current setup until then. What could it hurt?

If you are really worried about the adjuster being the weak point, score another pair at the junkyard and modify them so they are solid in the middle (weld in some solid stock) but still retain a short area for the pinching action towards either end of the sleeve (so you still have enough room to adjust of course). :icon_thumby::icon_welder::beer:

red_ranger50

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0ohv
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.25in
Tire Size
yea iv called as many places as i can think of. iv googled the holy hell out of this. yea i want to utilize the stock tie rods till i upgrade everything. does anyone know of an M22 and M20 by 1.5mm nut? ill just weld that onto the tubing.lol.

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
Just get your tubing tapped for them...or buy the appropriate left and right hand taps....tho they are rather expensive for larger taps like that...

Have you talked to Dan at Ruff Stuff specialties?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

red_ranger50

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0ohv
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.25in
Tire Size
yea i actually live about 5 min from ruffstuff so i took my stuff there to talk to them and show them what i was working with. great people there super intelligent and helpful alas they were unable to help me on this, minus offering me 1 ton TRE and weld in bungs for that. however the passanger side inner tierod on my truck in left thread which doesnt fix my issue with that.ha

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
yea i actually live about 5 min from ruffstuff so i took my stuff there to talk to them and show them what i was working with. great people there super intelligent and helpful alas they were unable to help me on this, minus offering me 1 ton TRE and weld in bungs for that. however the passanger side inner tierod on my truck in left thread which doesnt fix my issue with that.ha
Wait do I know you?! I just remembered I have a right hand tap I'd sell you if you want, can't remember if it's the M20 or M22. Left hand tap you'd have to source yourself however. I'm also bout 5 min from ruff stuff

red_ranger50

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0ohv
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.25in
Tire Size
shit yea i didnt notice it was you evan.ha im robert with the red ranger i bought your slider window and some other parts from the black truck. yea its cool i have all the right hand thread parts i need for ranger TRE. i just gotta find some damn lefties.

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
shit yea i didnt notice it was you evan.ha im robert with the red ranger i bought your slider window and some other parts from the black truck. yea its cool i have all the right hand thread parts i need for ranger TRE. i just gotta find some damn lefties.
Hey man I wondered if that was you! Haha small world

jovibuilt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I bought my left hand tap on ebay.Got the jam nuts there too.

red_ranger50

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0ohv
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.25in
Tire Size
you got them on ebay? in an M22x1.5 size? i cant find anything. except some bungs and nuts in an m20x1.5 but that only half way helps me

red_ranger50

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0ohv
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.25in
Tire Size
hey jovibuilt, thanks for the lead, i gave them a call and they possibly have 1 single M22x1.5 left hand thread bolt.ha

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals