• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

throttle cable on a 2.5 liter engine.

need info

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Its a bit of a learning curve, but old dogs CAN learn new tricks.
What you termed a carb is a "throttle body". It measures the throttle plate opening and gives the reading to the computer. The computer uses that and other sensors to calculate the amount of fuel to inject.

FYI; what looks like a idle control screw is NOT! It's called an anti diesel screw and doesn't control idle. The IAC (Idle Air Control) valve on the side of the intake on the engine side of the throttle body controls idle.
thanks for the info, ever since I took up the slack in the throttle cable it runs like new. I wonder if the signal to the computer was being fouled up when it had much slack. The engine since I purchased the truck a few years back has always had a rattle noise during acceleration, a preignition type of running. Perhaps the term dieseling is correct, I am not sure. Well now on acceleration it has a lot of pick up and it does not rattle much at all. It has better pick up and go. Thanks to the broken bracket and the help from you guys, I have a really good running truck now.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals