• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

throttle body spacer??

98vortech

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Manual
Hey guyys. I just got my second ranger and its a 2.5. I was wondering if anyone has ever put a throttle body spacer on one before?? Notice and gains in performance or gas mileage?? And i am also looking to get a k&n system. Wat you think of this combo?? thanks for any replies..:yahoo:

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
sorry, throttle body spacers dont make a bit of difference on a port injected engine like yours (except maybe a little noise).

K&N's systems are always grossly overpriced IMO. i'd just get some 3" PVC tubing and build my own. make sure whatever you replace the stock intake with is true cold air (e.g. the filter is separated from the engine bay by cowling and draws cold air from outside) or else your going to hurt performance rather then improve it.

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have not used one but, I can guarantee that it would be a waste of your money. On some motors the throttle body is mounted in such a way that a spacer helps dramatically, Your 2.5 is not one of them.
A larger throttle body would gain but, then your computer would need to be reprogrammed to match.

98vortech

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Manual
yea i was going to make one for sure and slap a k&n on it.lol so throttle body spacers are a no go??

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The cold air kit and spacer are both just bling. Just something to show your buddies how much money you have spent on your truck. NO other benefit.

98vortech

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Manual
dang. well thanks guys for the fast replies.!!

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Wouldn't it?

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
most likely not. a larger throttle body is within the computers limits to adapt to.

you might run into a lean mixture if you do enough intake improvements without improving the sucky stock fuel delivery system.

Dave R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Kaiser
Transmission
Manual
Wouldn't it?
No, just about anything between the MAF and combustion chamber is fair game. The MAF and the injectors are "matched" as a set. The MAF will see any additional air flow into the engine and change it's signal as a result, the computer will see the signal change and change the injector pulse rate to match the new air flow rate.

Aren't computers wonderful.

Of course that whole scenario goes out the window once you exceede the MAF/computer's max signal voltage. Then you either need to modify the MAF and install larger injectors or install a different "matched set" of injectors and MAF meter.

Dave R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Kaiser
Transmission
Manual
For a kit with a NEW TB/IAC/TPS that price isn't horrible.

Damn, never mind I just read the ad copy closely, the TPS and IAC are NOT included for the $470!?!?!

But you can pick those TBs up on Evil-bay for about $35-50. Get the IAC and TPS from a breaker's yard for a few bucks. The silicone reducer is about $40 (I think) and I used to make a similar adapter for $50. So what's that $150?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals