• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.3L ('83-'97) Throttle body crossover

Fredness

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Sport Trac
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
2.3L Lima SOHC at 6,000rpms on gasoline (no boost) consumes 197cfm of air, the 2.5L consumes 212cfm.

A stock 50mm 2.3L/2.5L TB is ~380cfm, good for over 225rwhp.

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.
Intake resonator and fender horn were only restrictions i saw on the 1996, but understand both were designed to maximize low end torque. I like rpms, so I removed both of mine, but saved to replace if it sucks. There was a lot of thought put into this one, im impressed.

There are some genuinely bad ones out there. My 2000 accord ULEV was fantastic for emissions but horrible for performance - its pickup was in the fan wash from the hottest part of the radiator to intentionally heat intake air and raise intake Temps for emissions and fuel economy. A junkyard tubing cai into the fender made vtec useful (couldn't tell it had engaged with ulev intake), trade off was that it took 4-5 mpg off my fuel economy. Sounded like a ricer's mating call. I loved it.

Straight pipe intake on the 6.2 changed highway mpg from 11-12 to 16-18, no effect in town. HOWEVER, you need earplugs in the cab. The drone at highway cruise is insufferable.

I've had several diy ones on the 2.9. Current one is a can filter tied under the bumper because you try finding a merkur Scorpio factory air box lower. Could have cost me my engine at the trail ride thanks to a water hazard. Everyone assumed I died when I stopped to convert it to a snorkel 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Billyfl.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger xlt
Transmission
Manual
Thanks ill do so

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals