• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Three Mile Island Netflix documentary.

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My humble opinion.
NuclearPlants &\or NuclearWeapons are a 10,000+ year long "Dance With The Devil":
at any point in that dance, if you miss a step, in design, in construction, in operation, in maintenance,
accidentally or otherwise, a lot of people will get forever & irreversibly burned.
Individuals that advocate for nuclear are likely those that will benefit financially,
ie those employed in the industry\military\companies that design\build\maintain\operate these systems, or politicians taking kickbacks..
Historically, miss steps & accidents have always been a part of mankinds story;
no valid reason to assume it will be different for nuclear.
I agree. Here in Saskatchewan, we are currently proposing SMRs (Small Modular Reactors) for power generation. Any time I've asked a proponent about waste, the answer has been "there is no waste".

There are better, safer alternatives, like geothermal, for example.

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Modern gas cans for your mower should be an indication of how government can screw things up

AJ
Hmm. What could possibly be wrong with a sturdy, red plastic container that has a cap and spout?

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Hmm. What could possibly be wrong with a sturdy, red plastic container that has a cap and spout?
Have you seen the government mandated cap and spout on the newer cans?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Have you seen the government mandated cap and spout on the newer cans?
Local farm store somehow sells a kit with a vent you pop in a hole you drill with a simple accordion filler tube.

Freaking godsend for tractors where you have to hold the can over your head until it empties. It honestly took 5min to empty my gas can before I deleted the EPA BS.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
to be fair, you are in Canada and maybe your government hasn't effed that up yet;;;

Local farm store somehow sells a kit with a vent you pop in a hole you drill with a simple accordion filler tube.

Freaking godsend for tractors where you have to hold the can over your head until it empties. It honestly took 5min to empty my gas can before I deleted the EPA BS.
This. took me 3 minutes to fil the gas tank of my parents riding mower a few weeks ago. that mower may hold 3/4 a gallon and the tank was not completely empty.

this was done so that the vapors will not leave the gas can, and wouldnt you know not one person on that committe that proposed this mandate and passed it understood the principle of if gas is to come out, air must come in to replace it. in all cans created before this debacle there was a vent cap for this express purpose. Seriously, a government that is this clueless or does not listen to reason on something this simple should not have any control over anything more complicated than pouring piss out of a boot.

AJ

G8orFord

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC S/C
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
Just the right size to touch the ground.
Seriously, a government that is this clueless or does not listen to reason on something this simple should not have any control over anything more complicated than pouring piss out of a boot.
You don't think the EPA would be involved in emptying urine filled boots? Just the environmental safety requirements would probably require years of study. What about the boot once the urine is removed? How do we safely dispose of that? You want to keep the boots? Well then you'll have to pay a disposal tax anyway and they'll still want to inspect the boots periodically. No, I don't think we can expect the useless airheads in our federal government, whether elected, appointed or hired, to even handle removing bodily fluids from footwear. The Fed has given itself way too much power already. It was never meant to be this way by the founding fathers. The States were to hold the majority power. All you have to do is read the Constitution.

Damn, that wasn't supposed to be that long or that political. Oh well...

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
We shouldn't give our Energy Secretary any thing else to worry about right now. Seems it isn't going so well for her lately

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
You don't think the EPA would be involved in emptying urine filled boots? Just the environmental safety requirements would probably require years of study. What about the boot once the urine is removed? How do we safely dispose of that? You want to keep the boots? Well then you'll have to pay a disposal tax anyway and they'll still want to inspect the boots periodically. No, I don't think we can expect the useless airheads in our federal government, whether elected, appointed or hired, to even handle removing bodily fluids from footwear. The Fed has given itself way too much power already. It was never meant to be this way by the founding fathers. The States were to hold the majority power. All you have to do is read the Constitution.

You neglected to mention the other department that has started an inquiry into how the urine got into the boot in the first place.
You seem to know a lot about this... you can expect a Federal subpoena within the next year or two.

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
You neglected to mention the other department that has started an inquiry into how the urine got into the boot in the first place.
You seem to know a lot about this... you can expect a Federal subpoena within the next year or two.
You really shouldn't be peeing in @G8orFord's boots, Sno.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Fun fact, they used to use urine to tan leather...

Ramcharger90

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306, Bcam,
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
F*(k NO!!!
As a government employee I can not approve of this. The cost overruns, the repair parts “brought to you by the lowest bidder”, the “locked in” contracts because of the bidding process, etc.

All I do is fix trucks for the government and we can’t get that done in a timely manner. It can take us a month to a month and a half to get parts because of the way the process works. The government is always in its own way. I wouldn’t want that shit show at a power plant.
Your 5 tonnes and Humvees and a Los Angeles and Ohio class submarines are two entirely different classes of priorities..... I got friends that work on both.... one doesn't really matter if it sits there rotting in a field with dead batteries the other would kill the population of NYC if it wasnt maintained. One of them complained they haven't had a working air compressor in there shop for 8 months now (Army) the other loves his job and will have a six figure job traveling around inspecting power plants in a year or two... (Navy)

Last edited:

Ramcharger90

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306, Bcam,
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD

mikkelstuff

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
There are fail safe nuclear reactor designs which, in fact, have been run:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals