• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

thoughts on km2

bigmark303

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.5
Transmission
Automatic
Depending on how aggressive you want to get you could always get Interco TrXus MT tires. They are siped very well from the factory and hands down are the best road worthy MT on the market. They handle every terrain better than any other road worthy MT tire out there. They are louder but not by much compared to the KM2 which is a very smooth quiet tire to be honest. They will also still get you 40k-50k depending on how adamant you are about staying on top of rotation and tire pressure.

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Every one recommends the cooper discoverer stt. I'm buying 33s now and want them cheap. Because in 6 months I'm buying 35/36 and those will most likely be a swamper.

After all stt stands for super traction tire.

bigmark303

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.5
Transmission
Automatic
If you are just going to replace whatever you buy then don't worry about what you buy. Buy the KM2s because you will be able to sell them fast and for what you bought them for if the tread hasn't seen more than 10k.

No one road worthy MT beside the TrXus is going to be a noticeable difference over the other for the short time youll have them. Most perform superb new. Its when they become half tread or less you see what tire has a better/lasting design.

Destroyer000

January 2009 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
Transmission
Manual
ive got them on my truck in a 35 and must say i love them. they are quiet on the rd. and off road ive had no problems what so ever. they have been on for over a year with a lotta tread left. i wheel with a buddy of mine with the pro comp mt2 and he go every where i go and sometimes has a hard time following my tracks.

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I just bought a set of 35x12.50 bfg km2's... i cant say how good they do off road because i have only had them a week, but so far on road they handle nice... my experience with a cooper stt is terrible... a friend that used to go out with us with a jeep grand cherokee had them in 32x11.50 and they would clogg up constantly... he was the only one that had to get towed out just about everywhere... maybe it was the jeep though. cooper st's on the other hand wear like steel, and even though the side walls are not that thick, are awesome in just about every scenario. even mud pretty good. theyre kinda a cross of a at and mt.

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I love cooper s/t.

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
I've had the KM2 for 4 years now, in 35x12.50x15 on a 15x10 & 15x8 wheel.

I've them aired down to as low as 16 psi offroad, and pumped as nigh as 38 psi for street.

I totally agree with RedneckKid with every part. However, to give the KM2's a fair review, they are not "mall crawlers."

In Texas, we get everything except deep snow.

Soft sand: Horrible. We see people get stuck on Texas beaches all the time. There's also Texas Off Road Ranch, which is notorious for loose sand or silt. You air down, be easy on the gas, and don't fight uphill situations. The KM2's left me stranded.

Packed sand: Good. Works well, just as any street tire can "perform."

Mud/Wet Fields: Terrible. I've gotten stuck a few times, and it's incredible stressful. Situations where locked 4WD should be enough, it wasn't. As previously stated, the don't clean, and you're left with a slick, smooth, rotating mass of clodding mud. I've tried to spin them out, but it's no good.

Water/creeks: Not good. This is also loose terrain, and you should have other tires if you do anything like this. I've had to use lots of speed to get through these obstacles. Not always a safe alternative.

Street: Excellent. It's a really good tire that stops predictably. They have good grip, and I turn corners faster than I probably should because I feel confident with these tires. They are not a heavy tire, and are very durable as a radial tire. After 40,000 miles, they are still going strong. They are getting "noisy", but only because my wife tells me. I don't notice it since it's also a DD. It's a comfortable ride as well. I currently have 1 nail and 1 wood piece embedded in my tread, and it still holds air. LOL I should get it patched.

Trails/dry dirt/fields: Good, as expected. I've consistently been happy and have not been left stranded in situations like this.

Light snow/wet pavement: Adequate. I've experienced some sliding about a month ago when we had freezing rain, sleet, and light snow, and my tail got "happy" a little bit. It's a lifted truck, so rear traction was an issue.

Rocks: Great. They grab very well on rocks and escarpments. Good traction, goes where I want. In a couple instances, I wish I had a more aggressive tire, but I change my line and I'm good. I also have to drive back home, so there's gotta be a compromise.

Final input: Why have I had them for so long? I guess because they were so cheap to me when I got them new, new wheels & tires are expensive, they are excellent on the street and getting to trails & rocks, they're durable, and they look great.

Someone commented that they are like BFG A/T. No, they're better than just that trail/street tire.

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"

Club picnic at the beach in August:

RangerNielsen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.SLOW V6
Transmission
Manual
I had a set of 4 of my 88 until I managed to blow two out, so now I have the good 2 on the rear and old km1s on the front. I love the KM2s. By far the best mud tire I've had for my needs. I haven't had clogging problems with them like the others have mentioned, maybe I have more watery mud than others?

I've driven full size trucks with them, and they're bumpy as hell.

I would highly recommend getting KM2 on a light truck, and will probably get them after I burn off my TSLs and Toyos pn my 94.

I've noticed they do howl (not sure if it was the KM2s TSLs that I had on each axle...) but I like the howling.

I'm also looking into Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals