• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Thoughts about wheel adapters

bigmark303

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.5
Transmission
Automatic
Just looking for some experience/opinions here on wheel adapters/spacers for off road use.

I acquired a 2001 Kia Sportage to wreck in my trails all has been fun with the stock tires (27") and this thing wont give up. I mounted some old 31" tires on the stock wheels and its still kicking. Next step I want to take is getting some wheel adapters to fit my Ranger wheels on this thing. Bolt pattern is 5x5.5 and I would like to keep this thing around seeing as its been fun and wont give up. I have 33s, 35s, and now 38s, mounted on Ranger wheels hence the reason why im thinking adapters rather than remounting those tires to the Kia's wheels.

I don't drive it on the road. It is completely illegal. Just a stripped out trail buggy with no limit on tire size because I cut everything off.:headbang:

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My buddy runs 1.5 inch spacers on a Dana 30 with 35s and lockers. Works fine for him. What's the worry? Its got open cliffs. Shafts will break :)

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
These sort of things are controversial, getting high quality ones is a must, I wouldn't risk it with ebay cheapies. As long as you make sure everything is torqued up right and occasionally re torque them you should be fine.

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Why not..?

Just make sure the surfaces are clean, and use German torque specs, gudentight.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

redneck_rainey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0ltr
Transmission
Automatic
I have 1 1/8" spidertrax hub spacers on my ranger to offset my jeep wheels, they're probably the strongest parts on the truck.... lol

sent while I should be working, or fixing something,,,

bigmark303

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.5
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks guys. I just mainly care about the Ranger wheels I will be putting on it. I don't want to find out that the studs on adapters are weak and end up cracking or damaging my wheels from failing.

I don't care one bit about the Kia. I got it for scrap and its just been sticking around because it hasn't broke yet. Ill of course get some top shelf brand adapters anyway.

kennyjames

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Transmission
Automatic
I have to use them for my wheels on my Tundra. Got some high quality 1.25" spacers that are hubcentric on both sides. No issues really.

Made extra sure that the rotor had was clean and smooth before installing. Used red Loctite on the original studs and special lug centric extended thread wheel nuts to secure them.

Check the torque everytime I have a wheel off. Everything is always torqued to spec, so they seem to be working fine.

Now the PCD altering spacers a different story.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals