• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Thought I'd post this here as well for the computer guys

94FX_4wannaBE

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
In may I bought new internals:

Don't mind my wuss excuse of a desk.

Motherboard:Asus P8Z77-V comptiable with IVY-bridge
Processor:Intel I5-2500k
Ram:8GB G.Skill sniper 2133mhz
PSU:ThermalTake 750W psu
Screens:Acer 20in LED screen (other screen added a couple weeks ago)
GPU: PNY GTX560 (weak):bawling:
Storage: 128GB Crucial M4 SSD, 1TB western digital black, 500GB western digital green, 320gb western digital blue
Mouse: Logitech G300
CPU cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO
Case: ThermalTake Revo
Other: Homemade cart for tower to sit on, Rear Exhaust fan delete
Went from this:

To this:

Specs as of right now:

possible upgrades next month:
Ivy-bridge processor
GTX 670/680/ or 690
maybe more ram
and a new desk

Jaymz9350

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Transmission
Manual
Not to bad.

As for your possible upgrades:
I'd only go for an Ivy-Bridge if your going for the 3770k, the 3570k would likely give no improvements as it's likely to clock lower (though performance will usually be equal as it is more efficient per clock) and will run hotter (though depending on your uses the 3770k may be a waste as well)

I personally would grab a 670 out of those choices as the 680 just doesn't give enough more performance to justify the added cost (also may want to consider the 7970 if you aren't stuck on nvidia)

More RAM will only help if you use all of what you have now and unless your a heavy video/photo editor that isn't likely.

94FX_4wannaBE

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Not to bad.

As for your possible upgrades:
I'd only go for an Ivy-Bridge if your going for the 3770k, the 3570k would likely give no improvements as it's likely to clock lower (though performance will usually be equal as it is more efficient per clock) and will run hotter (though depending on your uses the 3770k may be a waste as well)

I personally would grab a 670 out of those choices as the 680 just doesn't give enough more performance to justify the added cost (also may want to consider the 7970 if you aren't stuck on nvidia)

More RAM will only help if you use all of what you have now and unless your a heavy video/photo editor that isn't likely.
Yeah i think i've decided i am going to be sticking with my sandy bridge.. and ill be picking up a 670... nvidia fan :D :icon_bounceblue:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals