• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

this is sweet

MusicManiac

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Wow, those both look awesome, definitely love the 70's ford body and the painted on rust :headbang:

Are all these little things SAS'd? :icon_twisted:
Yup! I would say somewhere over 99% are anyways. lol. Some of those scale trail rigs have custom made leaf springs and everything.

This one isn't SAS's though. lol. You wouldn't believe the work some of these guys go to to make their cars and trucks look incredibly real. This is one of my favorites.

Here is another one that is not SAS'd, but a RAD truck!
As you can see, most of the pre-runner types are not SAS'd, but almost every crawler is.

SawyerRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
What do you RC guys think about this one?

http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=199

Do they normally come pre-assembled? What else would I need to play with that one out of the box? (Not sure if it's "Ready to Play" out of the box, even though it is a set).

And also, what are your opinions on getting into the sport.. Buying a set or building your own? I've always liked RC cars but never like this.. Although I do have an F-150 monster truck (kid version, few years old, just a normal walmart one) that I could take the body from and just buy/build a chassis for it from these websites and make my own. What would be easier/cheaper?

I feel like a 10 year old doing this post, but what guy doesn't love RC trucks? :icon_thumby:
EDIT: If anyone has a how-to guide for noobs on one of these sites that would be a great help. Also, for the F-350 it says "Requires 4 channel radio w/ 2 servos". What is a servo? Why do I need 2? And can I have greater/less than 4 channels, or does it have to be exactly 4. Also, most of the controllers I see do not have servos (some do). Do you normally buy those separate and install them?

Last edited:

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
i am new to the RC crawler thing to so my answers may not be as accurate as some.
from the looks of that you would be buying a bunch of other stuff to be able to use it out of the box. i dont even think it comes with the remote control. most of them are like that unless they say Ready to Run or RTR.

the way im going about it is just buy one that comes with everything i need to start playing with it and slowly upgrade as i learn more about it.
http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=1363
has everything you need to take it out of the box and start it up. from what i have learned, i think, that one is good if you like the scale RC trucks (the ones that look like real trucks)
cant wait to get this for it
http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=91_100_31&products_id=1813
the site i have been reading is
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/index.php
the people there seem to know what they are talking about
hope that helps

SawyerRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks Daniel, that answers the immediate questions. So if I got that SCX10, could I buy another body to replace that one? I like everything in that one except for the body. And do you think it'd be an easy switch?

Last edited:

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
you can replace the body with any 1:10 scale i think. im not sure how easy or hard it would be though

pocket-rocket

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 cyl.
Transmission
Manual
On my AWD touring car it's simple. Just pull 4 cotter pins and the body lifts off. I also enjoyed putting mine together piece by piece, LSD and all. It kinda helps you know how it all works and what is going on, and I thought it was fun. But yeah, like mentioned before, upgrades add up fast. I've got over $500 into mine including the car and remote.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals