• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

There is nothing to see here.....

b1pig

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
OOoooo... shiny!!

There are some engineers/builders out there than made themselves kings in performance by figuring out how to get engines to make power. There's an episode of Engine Power with a 2.0 based 4 cylinder race engine based off of the Ford 2.0/2.3 engine. Its a carb fed circle track engine with a purpose built block, but under all the extra casting material, its still the same basic design. Short episode, but there's a nice bit of tech in there. I was excited when I found out the truck we were getting had the EFI 2.3 in it. Though I really have no honest clue how many 1's or 2's should be in front of the actual odometer reading.. nor whether the engine is original or reman.... it runs really good for what it is.

Correction... HORSE Power video:

My 16th birdthay gift (/curse) was a '76 MGB. Had the original 1.8 with a single Zenith Stromburg carb on it. It was gutless, but it kept my 16 yo self content enough, since everything we ever had was junk. The head gasket went on it one night. After my dad and I pulled the head off the next day and we could see light under the straight-edge across the head.... he said he might know where to find another engine. Long story short, we found one. '77 block with a '68 head with dual SU carbs. While I would not admit it to my ole man, the "new" engine was a monster in that car. Pre-emissions heads on those little cars were a great power swap back then. I've owned many 4cyl vehicles over the years, and I've come to appreciate many of them.

Last edited:

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Neighbor has one of the newer Power Wagons. Ford could take some cues.

Ramcharger90

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306, Bcam,
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I miss my 70's powerwagons and Ramchargers....... I was happy with the 14 Ram but now im just bored with it. It has the right amount of technology for me, power windows and satellite radio. Pulls good etc. Just bored with it. They lack the character of the old trucks.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I had a '74 360 Duster in the late 80s. It was faster than the 5.0 Mustangs then. It was faster than anything, actually. I was in Hawaii and people were renting the Magnum PI Ferrari and we were beating them down the main drag in Honolulu. It was as fast as the new Buick GN.

Street racing was big in Hawaii. Everyone into it had their reverse lights hooked to a switch, which my car had when I bought it. If you wanted to try someone you passed them, then toggled the switch back and forth. Then if they wanted to, they stopped and you backed up and went for it.

A lot of guys I knew bought parts and threw them together but never went fast because they didn't know what they were doing. That 360 Duster just worked well as the factory built it and was a fast car.

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.
Damnit dude.... Now I have to like things you say.

Stop it.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
I had a '74 360 Duster in the late 80s. It was faster than the 5.0 Mustangs then. It was faster than anything, actually. I was in Hawaii and people were renting the Magnum PI Ferrari and we were beating them down the main drag in Honolulu. It was as fast as the new Buick GN.

Street racing was big in Hawaii. Everyone into it had their reverse lights hooked to a switch, which my car had when I bought it. If you wanted to try someone you passed them, then toggled the switch back and forth. Then if they wanted to, they stopped and you backed up and went for it.

A lot of guys I knew bought parts and threw them together but never went fast because they didn't know what they were doing. That 360 Duster just worked well as the factory built it and was a fast car.
My favorite engine is the 340. Just love the sound of the small blocks wound tight.w So. Yall are not alone.

Lonewolf McWills.....I mean McQuade

Supercharged big blockz fer lyfz

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Dad had a Duster with the slant 6, he hated the car.

They had traded the 360 4spd Volare Road Runner he had special ordered and lightly tricked out in a newer car for mom after they got married and he bought the Duster as a commuter beater. It was a clapped out POS from the sounds of it.

Kinda funny, he has talked about doing the backup light think to his SS396 Chevelle back in the day too.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
My step brother had a Duster.

Plymouth.

@Dirtman left that one out

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals