• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The turn signal STRUGGLE!

colby450xc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Let me start by saying this started a few months back on my 93 ranger 2wd auto with tilt wheel, and I have been trying to fix this problem since then. I have no turn signals except for the right front signal, and that only works when the brake is depressed and I manually operate the switch, and the reverse lights come on with the brakes...

So far I have replaced all of the bulbs.. Checked every fuse I can find, replaced the relay, replaced the multi-switch in the column, and today I replaced the neutral saftey switch and the switch that is on the brake pedal. I have no idea wtf else to try.:nopityA: I'm trying to sell this truck now but would like to fix this problem before it is on the market, cuz who wants to buy an electrical nightmare... Someone please help!:mad:

Earl43P

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F250 4WD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'll be glad to send you those schematics, to help find a solution.

Are you adept at using a multimeter?

PM me your e-mail address and I will e-mail you the schematic, plus whatever else 93 I've got in .pdf.

Unfortunately, that will be on Monday. I loaned that EVTM to a coworker. He's returning it Monday, best I can do (he lives up in VA).

FWIW, the first thing I'd do is disconnect the rear lights at the center of the tailgate/rear bed, underneath. Only connector there. That'll isolate any short from there to the rear lamps, anyway. Maybe do continuity checks from that plug to the sockets and to ground. Look for obvious damage, chafes, etc in the harness under the truck. If you put the rears on ramps, you can get to see a lot under there. Do a thorough visual inspection.

Try different positions of the tilt wheel. I've heard of a connection getting pulled loose in there, never seen it though.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
When weird stuff like that starts happening where multiple systems malfunction and start interacting with each other, it's usually because you have a bad (open) ground connection somewhere.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals