• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The Shock Thread

RacinNdrummin

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ive been doing some research and searching a lot here on the forums, and I think it would be a good idea to have a Shock thread with different shocks, what vehicles they came from, what your setup is, and any other info about them. I think it would help out the DIY'ers. If you have part numbers and whatnot, thats even better.

Ill start out-

-Stock extended length is ~14.5"

-1980-96 F150/Bronco Front Forward Quad Shock ext length ~18.5"...same ends as stock (stud top, 5/8 non-sleeve bottom), for a 4" gain

-1979 (other years may apply) F-series rear shock, ext length ~19.5"+... Stud top, through bolt sleeved bottom, for a 5"+ gain

---------------

I bet if somebody had access to a monroe catalog, this thread could really come alive.

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
see my post on the shocks for 3" thread by woodyb2

ranger edge shocks with bottom bar removed

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals