• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

the rustbucket rat

90longbed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
now when I am in that part of town I pull the fuel pump fuse if its parked for more than a few minutes.....its still gonna be a rat, just gonna look a bit different

90longbed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
took the ugly ass cargo hooks off and moved them inside the bed where they are more useful .....just need to smooth things out and hit it with some spray paint

Last edited:

90longbed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
was a nice day today , so i was able to get in some mod time........moved the driving lights behind the grille

did some more body work

painted the shift lever red

I also covered the dome light lens with tail light repair tape(had it laying around... why not try it) didnt get any pics of that

90longbed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
finished up some of the body work today and took some pics

90longbed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
today I went after my water leak......pulled the fenders back and checked the cowl drains... they were clean.... dumped some water into the cowl and it poured out the drivers side being the hole is lower on that side.....no water on cab floor......poured water on the right front corner of the roof.....found a small puddle, poured the water about half way up the windshield on the pass side..... puddle got bigger.... already checked for rust in the corners of the windshield by pulling off the trim on the inside and using a small mirror... no rust there.... so it has to be the windshield....the lower corners of the windshield are milky white and looks like the layers of the windshield are separating .... needs a windshield anyways because it has an S shaped crack right down the middle

90longbed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
nice weather today, so I did some more body work.... started by removing the fender

found some rust

some on the lower corner of the fender

sanded off the rust and hit it with some primer

only color I had handy was chrome silver and its a place the most people went see, so thats what I used

then on to the fender.....worked on the dented part and sanded off the rust and went over it with some primer

and fender back on

90longbed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
not much to update other than a complete brake job......and I have a list of things to do when I can come up with the money to do them

fuel sender and pump
windshield
turn signal/ wiper washer switch
heater core
blend door repair.....air blows through vents when heater off
preventive maint....timing belt,shocks,air and fuel filters..shocks.. trans and rear end service

90longbed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
not much to report here except I replaced the heater core...... a few days ago I lost reverse and 5th gear and the transmission howls whenever the truck is moving... have my k5 up for sale so I can get another car to drive while I fix stuff on the ranger

90longbed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
rubber separated in the stock shifter so I made my own...... rat rod style of course......used conduit for mock up.... brother in law is making me one out of better metal....now I just need a steering wheel

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals