Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
13ish
Tire Size
39.5x15.5
I don't know if I would call that a positive.
I'll rephrase, the gaskets worked mint, because I can't pull the headers.

There's no connections on my exhaust, its welded from header to the axle dump. Professionally bent and welded for $200 and I never have to worry about it leaking. That's a positive in my book.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: CFB3B5F7F32B37 Expires: March 30, 2020

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah I'm not impressed with them. I've had nothing but issues that them.

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Been drivin it more lately. Reset the timing to 10 deg and that helped a lot with drivability. The speedometer is right about 50% off. That means the trip meter is too. Thinkin about swapping out the speedo I have out for a autometer or something similar.

Attachments

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So I'm having an issue with my rear fuel tank letting air in the lines. I'm not sure what's going on. At first I thought the power wire and ground were hooked up backwards, I swapped them and it got better. But now it's doing it again with a full tank. So now I'm stumped. I'm gonna pull the fuel line and try the wiring again. Then I'm gonna try to decide how to mount the fill spouts so I can just put the nozzle in and wash the windows lol.

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well I've been putting more miles on it. Went out hunting the other day. Put almost 300 miles on it. I beat it pretty good one time because I got into some loose dirt under snow, on a hill side. Slid off the 2 track and went about 50 foot down the hill trying to be gentle. Then I just started rocking it and hammering down, eventually got out.
I think I figured out my rear fuel tank problem. I had the vent plugged....
But other than that, it's running decently. I do feel like I'm missing out on a fair amount of hp having the truck heads on it and not the gt40 heads to match the explorer intake.

The 4wd is working good other than the black box likes to pop out of gear without a shifter attached. I okey rigged a piece of baleing twine and a piece of elastic draw string from a hoody to keep it in high range. Ole Jacob at BDT claims he's going to send me a triple stick cable shifter since his eco box has given me so much trouble. I've been holding out on buying one just incase he follows through.

The AA headers are still shit. Cracking and warping, they just won't stay sealed so it's running pretty ritch.

I'm contemplating going to hydro assist steering. She doesn't like to turn while going slow, with the front welded up but that was expected. Psc has a kit for $300 so I'll probably go with that.

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
im a bit late, but you should try the remflex gaskets, there the only ones ive used that wont blow out and actually make a seal. i saw a thread somewhere else (maybe pirate) that you started about jacob being back. seems like its the ssdd, he does good for 1 month and then falls off the planet. its a shame cuz his products have alot of r&d behind them.