• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

the ranger wave

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
harley guys never wave at goldwing riders , but that is just the harley mentality
THAT is SO EFFING TRUE!!!

So so so so so true!! Harley riders are dicks to Wing riders....idk how the other touring bikes are, but I know first had Wings wave at all bikes, Harleys NEVER wave back.

danger_ranger05

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
South Park has an episode dealing with those type of harley riders...funny as hell lol:icon_rofl:

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Funnily enough when I'm on my enduro I get more waves from the people zipping about on crotch rockets than older people on cruisers.

I wave at the 3 Rangers in town that are the same year as mine and the lightly modded ones. Too many people with new ones don't seem to sare the comraderie the older Ranger owners do.
Haha. Yeah I used to ride dual sport bikes too and noticed the same thing. For the most part people around here that ride, give the respect wave or nod to just about anyone on two wheels. Like stated above, Harley people are on somewhat of a different page. I don't expect a Harley guy to wave at some dude on a Vespa. Haha

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
THAT is SO EFFING TRUE!!!

So so so so so true!! Harley riders are dicks to Wing riders....idk how the other touring bikes are, but I know first had Wings wave at all bikes, Harleys NEVER wave back.
Just like modded Ranger drivers not waving at stock ranger drivers........ real dicks.

Frank

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I was driving my Explorer to work a few weeks ago, and I saw a guy approaching a stop sign with an Explorer that looked exactly like mine. I gave him a thumbs up as I passed him and he waved back. :D

About 2 years ago I was driving the company truck at work (1995 Chevy S10 POS :bad:). I was sitting at a stop light when some guy driving an almost identical S10 drove by and gave me a thumbs up. I felt a little embarrassed for both of us.

EnglishDan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0l
Transmission
Automatic
When I had my bike I would always nod at other bikers, not scooters though (Vespas, Lambrettas etc.) unless they nodded first! I can say I would NOT partake in the Ranger wave. If my Ranger was totally kitted out and I came across another kitted out, that is different, we are obviously both enthusiasts, but me in my nearly stock Ranger waving to another nearly stock Ranger... No. Where do you draw the line? Should I wave at the guy across the street because we have the same roof tiles?

What I'm trying to say is if you feel like waving... then go ahead and wave, just don't get all angry if they don't wave back, not everybody is as enthusiastic as you.

True story... A couple of months ago me and two friends were loading the car up to go beach fishing early one morning. A passing car honked and the two guys inside waved. We noticed their fishing gear on the roof rails!... A fishing wave! Brilliant!

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
That was a good luck wave.......

You can't wave if you ride a bike...... you just don't.

You point down and out, it's the (ride free brother) wave.

And if you have a nice enough vehicle to get the (ride free brother) wave from a bike, you can't just wave back like a tard....... you have to have the window down and point down and out.

Frank

WNY964x4

ASE Master Certified
Supporting Member
Firefighter
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones
That was a good luck wave.......

You can't wave if you ride a bike...... you just don't.

You point down and out, it's the (ride free brother) wave.

And if you have a nice enough vehicle to get the (ride free brother) wave from a bike, you can't just wave back like a tard....... you have to have the window down and point down and out.

Frank
i got that all the time out in ohio at Honda Homecoming , not because my truck looked nice , but because i was running the rear of 6 motorcycles to handle lane changes perfectly

and i wave to all the Firefighters i see with blue lights , sometimes if they have a dash light i dont catch it and they wave first , and i wave to all the State Troopers and County Mounties in my area , i once peeled out of a parking lot in front of 2 Troopers i know by name from accident's i have responded to , and they just gave me the thumbs up as i went by them

Last edited:

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
There are virtually no DD modded rangers around here, and all the stock rangers are just driven by old guys. I'm pretty lonely round' here in terms of rangers, lol. I mean, some people may have dedicated trail rigs, but nothing I see besides CheapThrill's stuff. It sucks.... The only trail rigs i see are jeeps and crap. Boring....Everybody has a jeep, so unoriginal.

Last edited:

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
jeep crap. Boring....Everybody has a jeep, so unoriginal.
I couldn't agree more!!!! Chrysler junk.

There are a few rangers set up nice here, one guy in towns exhaust sounds so good I want to ask him what he did!!!! But I only see him when he's cracking down on it pulling away.

One kid here I always waved at, he has a sweet ranger lifted big tires, flares exhaust, cattle catcher bumpers.... I saw him at the pizza place and was like tell me about your truck, he goes "I turned 16, my mom bought me this truck, I haven't done anything to it, do you think it's lifted?" I said yes, told him how to level it, told him about TRS and walked away shaking my head. I don't wave at him anymore.

There is an early 90's one toward Madisonville that is lifted like 2 ft, on ridiculous tires, it's canary yellow, I've seen it moved but never seen it on road.

We have mud bogs all in this area....... a lot of guys want the unstopable RBV's....... and drag racers drop big cube engines in the 2wd's (we have an 1/8th mile nearby)

Frank

The Gat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L 6.9L
Transmission
Manual
I wave at chicks.

GoodOld85BlueBalls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2010/2013
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0Powerstroke/3.5 EcoBoost
Transmission
Manual
I got a thumbs up and a wave the other day from a guy in a 88 S-10 that was lifted and fixed up. Made me feel proud. Yes I waved back. He followed me to the gas station where we proceeded to talk about our trucks for an hour.

This happens to me almost once every two weeks driving the old gen one.
I can just feel her pull harder like she's proud to still be running every time it happens!:icon_thumby:

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i keep waving at BroncoII's..... when I'm driving my F150...... awkward......

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals