• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The noise :shok:

knucksfirst

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Theres a wooshing kind of sound coming from the passenger dash. Its kind of like a woosh and a liquid flowing sound and its starting to tick me off.. Any ideas on what it could be? Also is there anything I can do to reduce noise in the cab coming from the engine? Some kind of sound proof tape or something. My mazda b4000 and now my ranger 4.0 they are both noisy trucks from inside the cab when driving anyone else experience that or just me? I step into other vehicles and they are nice and quite and smooth. Little late right now kinda tired if I havent pronounced things correctly.

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
Air in coolant, you're hearing it in the heater core. Burp the system.

It's a TRUCK. Try riding in my Navajo, an SUV. If your motor is too loud for you in the cabin - you should hear what mine sounds like, especially my tires on the highway. At a reasonable volume - you cannot really make out the radio above the howl from my tires. It's all worth it where the pavement ends.

crusin93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1998
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Your engine coolant level is low. The heater core is emptying and refilling each time you turn your truck on/off. Fill your radiator and overflow to the recomended level and the sound will go away.

3.0ranger1227

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
and run the heater while filling

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
Be thankfull your engine is quiet enough that you are able to hear the air in your coolant.

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
Either your heater core has air in it and it keeps bubbling. Or your A/C freeon is surging through the evaporator.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals