• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The Mustang is about to be the only kid on the block

oldgeek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD

oldgeek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
There are developmental fuels that produce emissions acceptable and allow for ice....there are ways to crack hydrogen as well. The plastic batteries have some hope...but batteries are filthy for fleet use.

Hydrogen and synthetic fuels will keep mopars roaring for many moons to come.
This hydrogen storage under development looks interesting.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Let's hope the Mustang doesn't (d)evolve into a Name-Only generic car as it did in the'80s & '90's.
It was closer to its roots then than it has been at any point since.

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Let's hope the Mustang doesn't (d)evolve into a Name-Only generic car as it did in the'80s & '90's.
Foxbodies were bad ass

I just read an article that Ford is gonna use the new 6.8L V8 (downsized from 7.3) in the mustang and 150 at somepoint.

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

oldgeek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Highly doubt it.

They did throw together a 7.3 mustang to test things for crate engine controllers, it was pretty rough looking.

From the article: "Ford used the Shelby GT350 to develop these new parts, but in reality, the 7.3 is intended to fit in any vehicle thanks to the fact that it comes as a complete package. " (Italics mine)

OOhhhhh. I'm excited. Any vehicle! Thinking about my 94 Ranger. Surely it wouldn't be any more than the $1300 I paid for it?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
From the article: "Ford used the Shelby GT350 to develop these new parts, but in reality, the 7.3 is intended to fit in any vehicle thanks to the fact that it comes as a complete package. " (Italics mine)

OOhhhhh. I'm excited. Any vehicle! Thinking about my 94 Ranger. Surely it wouldn't be any more than the $1300 I paid for it?
Not much bigger than a 351W so it should go!

Pricing... I am sure in left field.

Last edited:

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
It was closer to its roots then than it has been at any point since.
I read somewhere, some time back that the Mustang wasn't originally meant to be a sports car. It was meant to be an economy car, probably a more luxurious relative to the Falcon.

ekrampitzjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I read somewhere, some time back that the Mustang wasn't originally meant to be a sports car. It was meant to be an economy car, probably a more luxurious relative to the Falcon.
Basically true. The original Mustang was based on the Falcon and was marketed as a sporty (not sports) car that had something for everyone depending on options. The Mustang replaced a sporty version of the Falcon and, some say, eventually killed the Falcon line.

What everyone seems to have forgotten about the pony and muscle cars of the 1960s, such as the Mustang, Camaro, etc., is that high-power V-8s were surprisingly rare from the factory. Most of those cars had inline-6 engines. Ford built lots of six-cylinder Mustangs then.

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
The original mustang was marketed as a "secrataries car"....ie a cute easy to drive car for women (remember it was 1964 lol)

It wasnt untill 67 when they amped it up as a "pony car"...alot of people use the term "muscle car" to cover the mustang or camaro (you could throw the challenger in there but in reality it kinda blurred the lines) but in reality they were pony cars.

Pony cars were meant more for "all around" performance driving, as they tender to be lighter, supposdly handle and stop better then a "muscle car"

A "muscle car" was the chargers, chevelles, roadrunners, and torinos. Stopping and steering were basically an afterthought with primary focus being going like hell in a 1/4 mi

Personally mustangs were always kinda overrated to me. The only ones i really care about are the 71-73 big bodies anf the foxes. The 70s mustang 2's looked cool with all the cobra graphics but they were basically a pinto with a wheezing 302.

Anything after 93 in the mustang world to me is "meh"

The modern camaro is ugly as piss, as were the 90s ones, dodge IMO totally owns the modern muscle market

Last edited:

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
the only mustang body i love is the original 64.5, 65, 66 models. once they went to the change in 67, i didn't want that one.

my grandpa had a 64.5 in the garage for my whole life. it sat under a tarp with junk stacked on top of it. my cousin and i would uncover it when we got to visit them and sit in the seat and act like we were driving it. it was 6 cylinder automatic. i was lucky to be able to own a 65 for a number of years, starting my senior year of high school. mine had a 302 out of a hertz weekend racer mustang and a three speed and was awesome. it was that mustang orange color from back than with the black interior. it was a great high school car and tons of girls would get undressed in it. man, the good ol' days

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
The original mustang was marketed as a "secrataries car"....ie a cute easy to drive car for women (remember it was 1964 lol)

It wasnt untill 67 when they amped it up as a "pony car"...alot of people use the term "muscle car" to cover the mustang or camaro (you could throw the challenger in there but in reality it kinda blurred the lines) but in reality they were pony cars.

Pony cars were meant more for "all around" performance driving, as they tender to be lighter, supposdly handle and stop better then a "muscle car"

A "muscle car" was the chargers, chevelles, roadrunners, and torinos. Stopping and steering were basically an afterthought with primary focus being going like hell in a 1/4 mi

Personally mustangs were always kinda overrated to me. The only ones i really care about are the 71-73 big bodies anf the foxes. The 70s mustang 2's looked cool with all the cobra graphics but they were basically a pinto with a wheezing 302.

Anything after 93 in the mustang world to me is "meh"

The modern camaro is ugly as piss, as were the 90s ones, dodge IMO totally owns the modern muscle market
Those wheezing Mustang II's out sold the bloated 71-73 "real" Mustangs by a factor of 5 to 1 and felt more solid than any Mustang before 94. They also had the best front suspension until the first dedicated platform under the 05 cars. Nothing ran good in the mid 70's because the car companies were struggling to meet the emissions standards- the 200 six made 120hp in 1970 and 85hp in 1980, the 302 made 200+ in 1970 and 139 by 74, a Corvette 350 LT1 made 370hp in 1971 and 160 in 1975.
Mustang at NED.jpg

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
My son showed me pictures of the next Mustang, it has a dashboard that doesn't belong in a car but would make a video gamer giddy.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals