• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The Meridian Auto Wrecking "Pull-N-Pay"

RacinNdrummin

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
This is what I posted on Turboford, so I figured Id post it here too...

Anybody thats familiar with Meridian Auto wrecking in Graham knows what im talking about and if you are local and dont, heres the scoop:

They opened an off-shoot pull-a-part style yard right next door (I assume to capture some of Pull-A-Parts huge market). I noticed this while driving by this weekend, So today I decided to stop by and check it out.

As an avid pull-a-parter, all I have to say is, What a JOKE!

I looked up their hours on the internet, and they said they close at 5pm (which is already out of line, they should be open til 7 or so in the summer). I left my house in Auburn at 3:30pm and it took me an hour to go 20 miles (keep in mind, this is going south at the beginning of rush hour). I get there at 4:30 on the nuts, and their sign says that they are closed. I go and knock on the door, and a guy comes out and tells me that they close at 4:30. I told them that their website says 5pm and that I drove all the way from Auburn. The guy said they yard is actually open to 5pm but they dont let anybody in past 4:30. I reminded him that I was there at 4:30 and that I came from Auburn, and he was "nice" enough to let me in, but said I had to be out by 5. So he gives me an orange vest and asks what I was there for. I told him I was looking for ranger parts (Really I was just there to check the place out, but I was trying to avoid the run-around) so he gives me directions to the "trucks" section. I start heading out (like I give a crap about the directions he gives me) in my own direction, and I get a whistle form behind me, and a finger in the direction of the "trucks" section... This whole deal annoys me even further. So I head the direction of the "trucks" section and proceed to look around. EVERYTHING and I mean everything is picked over to the max, the explorer V8's are all pulled, all the rear discs on the explorers are pulled, no 4x4 rangers, totally pre-picked over by the JY (I know because all the stuff was pulled cleanly, not pull-a-part style and all ripped out) and all the brands are mixed, not separated, so I have to sort through a bunch of import garbage and GM trash just to get to something I might be interested in looking at. Then I have a yard attendant come by and tell me to head back cause they were closing, who I promptly ignored, and proceded looking. After I was done in the trucks section, I was so disappointed, that I decided to head back. When I got back up front, another guy asked what I was looking for, and I told him I was interested in finding a 95+ explorer rear for my bronco 2, and I asked him if he had a price list... He says no, but he can look up the price on the computer. So I told him I was looking for a 3.73 open diff. He says they have one on the shelf for $200, and I said no thanks. He asked me why, and I told him that I can get a whole rear out at pull-a-part for $100. He asked me if price was the issue, and I said obviously. He said, "well, we have other rearends too, but they "might" not be as good" but they could sell them for around $100-$150. I told him no, Then I proceded to tell him what a joke they are.

Meridian used to be a good JY about 8 years ago, when I first started hitting JY's, and they were privately owned. Then they got bought out by B&R auto wrecking, and they turned into what they are today, a huge joke. I made it a point to not go there after they got bought out, and I thought today Id give them another shot, well its the same ol' game and im not going back...

Just thought you local guys should know...

-Rant over

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals