• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The gun thread...

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
My .17 stock came today, still need a trigger guard and floor plate, it feels and looks great!

86_cookiemonster

November '08 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 liter
Transmission
Automatic
now that is a nice looking firearm.

86_cookiemonster

November '08 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 liter
Transmission
Automatic
Well lets see, I don't really have any good pics of my personal fire arm. (a Remington 870) But i can show you a pic of a 4th of my families arsenal

in this pic is my uncles m1a, and Ar-15 (his has the collapsible stock), my grandfathers winchester 350 short magnum feather weight (nasty gun, it kicks harder than a pissed off donkey, and put a hole in a man hole lid at 300 yards, like it was butter) and his mini 14.

My dad has his Ar-15 (the larger one,) a 220 swift,

My cousin has a 22 long rifle and some other gun which i can't remember what it is. (this was taken a while ago.)

Not pictured is either of my Remington 870's, and my m1 carbine. My dad has several closets filled of guns so i really don't know what all we have.

(oh and if anyone has a m1 garande that they don't need any more, i would be interested in adding it to my collection, lol)

Last edited:

mud_bogger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hell yea man.. Lookin good

Just curious, what happened to the trigger guard and floor plate?

Thats the Boyd's stock isnt it? Hows it fit? nice and tight? or is the inletting kinda sloppy? I'm curious as I was looking at thier stocks for my m70.

What scope is that?

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Hell yea man.. Lookin good

Just curious, what happened to the trigger guard and floor plate?

Thats the Boyd's stock isnt it? Hows it fit? nice and tight? or is the inletting kinda sloppy? I'm curious as I was looking at thier stocks for my m70.

What scope is that?
On the synthetic stock the trigger guard is part of the stock and floor plate is shorter. It is a Boyds', the inletting looked ok, everything dropped in like it should, free floating barrel of course, pretty much the same stock as on your 17, since Boyds' makes the thumbholes for Savage. The scope is a cheap Tasco 6-24x44, I'll probably change it out for a Millit or Mueller sometime.

mud_bogger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Interesting. I never knew the trigger guard was the same piece. Where you goona be able to pick up the parts? Midway,brownells or savage?

Didnt know Boyd's made Savages Thumbhole handles either.

dunno how you use your guns, but I use mine pretty hard at times. Its didnt take long before that savage looked like crap. As when you scratched that lamanite stock it left these hideous white scratches, hard to ignore them. I ended up sanding it all down and then using steel wool and wet/dry paper to get it prepped. I got about 6 coats of tru-oil on it. Scuffed it down with 0000 steel wool after each coat dried. Made it alot tougher of a finish. Course that helped but didnt keep the scratches away. After refinishing it about 4 times IIRC I said screw it and let them pile on lol.

Just a few of them.

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, I can accept scratches, I can always throw the synthetic stock on if I plan on abusing it, I'm probably going to have to go though savage for the trigger gaurd/floorplate, can't find anyone online that has them in stock.

74duster318

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 302
Transmission
Manual
Last edited:

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
You got enough Mags for that AR?

What am I saying I'll probably have that many for an AK if I can ever find one at a price I like.

If I can find my camera (just moved), and get all my guns here I'll try to get a few pics up.

rocketrotary

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I'm the one on the right with the M-16/M203 Underbarrel grenade launcher. My buddy to the left is holding an M-4/M203 This pic was taken when in Iraq a few months ago.

Last edited:

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey 74 Duster,
There are still idiots here in Point. Friday before opening day, I went to a sports store in Point, stood around the gun section off and on for 1/2 hour (probably the busiest day of the year) waiting for someone to show up. Finially some young kid shows up, I ask him if he has any magazines. He turns around and wants to give me one of their 10 page sales flyiers. Went to Fleet and the place was just jamb packed.
Dave

74duster318

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 302
Transmission
Manual
Hey 74 Duster,
There are still idiots here in Point. Friday before opening day, I went to a sports store in Point, stood around the gun section off and on for 1/2 hour (probably the busiest day of the year) waiting for someone to show up. Finially some young kid shows up, I ask him if he has any magazines. He turns around and wants to give me one of their 10 page sales flyiers. Went to Fleet and the place was just jamb packed.
Dave
Like mags? Or actual paper magazines?

Fleet is where it's at. I love the fact that they started selling a few military surplus rifles. Out of all the Fleet Farms in central WI, i'd have to say my all time favorite would have to be the Marshfield location. Easy to shop, well organized, clean, and great customer service. I was in the Wausau one when I was up there on vacation a month or so back. They didn't have crap for guns, and it took a while to get somebody there to help. Hunting season was right around the corner, so it was pretty busy too. Wasn't really looking to buy or anything (spent it all at the gunshow in Marshfield) but thought i'd check out one of them M44 nagants they had. Pretty much new rifle, only about $150. They didn't have any ammo for it though.:annoyed:

I've spent too much money at Fleet, but i'll never stop spending it there. I used to buy the Widetrack Baja AT's from their service center, but they stopped selling them or something. I would have gotten a set of MT's for my 87, had they still been selling them. Damn good tires.

Anyways...Fleetfarm:wub:

Edit: Love the M203's rocketrotary! Thank you for helping protect our country! I salute you!
________
Vaporite replacement parts

Last edited:

Maverick

FoMoCo MoFo
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Just bought up one of these. This one's not mine though. Damn 10 day waiting period :annoyed:

74duster318

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 302
Transmission
Manual
Now that's a CZ I could learn to like.
________
Anal vid

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals