• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The gun thread...

JeepRecoveryTeam

May 2009 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
xlt ranger
Engine Size
Cummins 6bt
Transmission
Manual
I dont know what i love more the truck, the girl or the rifle.

JeepRecoveryTeam

May 2009 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
xlt ranger
Engine Size
Cummins 6bt
Transmission
Manual
Not sure i got it from my brothers friend that is in the army, we dont have that cool stuff in the Marine corps

eric17

Banned
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
its either a harris bipod, or a harris knock off which i have on the ol rem 700, cant beat it for 40 bucks at walmart, i think the brand was rock creek or similar? coming from the army im guessing genuine harris

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Are these just target practicing guns? What you hunt, elk bear? They clearly look way overkill.:dunno:

74duster318

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 302
Transmission
Manual
Are these just target practicing guns? What you hunt, elk bear? They clearly look way overkill.:dunno:
The AR's are illegal to hunt with for big game in most states. The bullets are too damn small for hunting anything larger than small game. The others however, are legal hunting rifles, and aren't any larger than most standard hunting rifles. The Springfield and Garand shoot the 30-06. The SKS shoots the smaller 7.62x39. The Mauser shoots an 8mm, which is a slightly shorter round, and a little less of a performer, than the 30-06. None are really overkill, unless you shoot 20 rounds to kill one deer...

I use all mine for target shooting and collecting. I have a 30-30 for hunting.

All will be used to defend the right to keep and bear arms, if necessary...
________
COLORADO MARIJUANA DISPENSARY

Last edited:

pocket-rocket

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 cyl.
Transmission
Manual
Well since it is a gun thread, and not restricted to rifles, here is mine (I hope the pics came out ok):

From assembled to field stripped in about 5 seconds:

What it is: Sturm Ruger P90 DC semi auto .45 cal handgun with manual decocker (no safety). I've shot guns without hearing protection before (stupid), but this one... I ran 1 clip through it (7 rd clip) when I first got it and swore to myself I will NEVER EVER shoot another gun besides something like a .22 without hearing protection. BTW, I'm digging the rifles, but I'm broke so I probably will never be able to get such a nice firearm like you guys.

Last edited:

74duster318

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 302
Transmission
Manual
I can't seem to find any other pictures of my Garand. I left it and a few others at my dads while on vacation two weeks ago, since i'll be moving back up there at the end of the year. However, I do have this one...

It now has a M1907 sling and a 10" U.C. bayonet from 1943...

Are these few people the only gun owners on this forum or what? Come on people...post up. :icon_hornsup:
________
DODGE DYNASTY SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited:

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Those are hardly legal for much of any game around here. They may look nasty but not really effective with the big game. Think it would take the 20 round mag to kill a mad bear coming at you but I wouldn't bet my live on it.

Any body one looked at those Tarurus "Judge" models? 45 cal or .410 shotgun depending on your needs.
Dave

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Are these few people the only gun owners on this forum or what? Come on people...post up. :icon_hornsup:
You say you are moving up here to Wisconsin, Winter is coming don't you know? I can slide the kitchen door open and let fly with 20 rounds and none of the neighbors think anything about it, they can and do it also.
Where abouts it the state?
Dave

74duster318

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 302
Transmission
Manual
You say you are moving up here to Wisconsin, Winter is coming don't you know? I can slide the kitchen door open and let fly with 20 rounds and none of the neighbors think anything about it, they can and do it also.
Where abouts it the state?
Dave
Yes I do know...quite well. I lived up there near a town called Mosinee all my life, until about two years ago. I miss the country life, the city just isn't for me. My whole family lives up there. I know almost nobody down here, my ex (girlfriend at the time and reason I moved here) is out of my life (thank god), and hopefully soon so will this state. Ohio is alright and the people are nice, but both the country and the family calls.

I also like deer hunting with a rifle, a concept not allowed in this state...
________
LovelyWendie

Last edited:

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Nothing too fancy.
Top to bottom.
Norinco SKS, Tapco T-6 stock (original wood stock was in good condition but waaay too short)
Savage 17HMR (I love the accu-trigger)
Remington 870 Express magnum
Marlin .22

74duster318

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 302
Transmission
Manual
Seeing some of these SKS's makes me want to get another one to trick out. This is the only known picture that I have of my Norinkidink SKS, in all it's never fired condition. Also included yet again is the M48 mauser (my first and favorite rifle of all time) as seen before. Last but not least, my dads Auto Ordinance 1911 .45.

________
Whip vaporizer

Last edited:

fordrngr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

My newest recruit.

I have a picture of some of my other guns.. I'll post it up later. I think it's on the other computer.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals