• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The gun thread...

Tominator

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 S-Trim 450HP
Transmission
Manual
Went to the local Belleville Gun Show last wknd. Saw a bunch of the old timers I used to know when I was doing the shows back in the late 80's. AR15 prices are steadily going down. Mag availability and prices as well.

Traded some old leather holsters I've had laying around for years for .45ACP ammo. Carried around my Norinco AK84 and a mag pouch with 6 30rd mags in it. Got offered $900 cash.....brought it back home.:D

I did make one mistake...well..sorta...kinda...handled an XDs in 9MM last weekend.....the .45ACP version is a little scarce now a days it seems. However one of the dealers I knew from back then had one in .45ACP and gave me $340 trade in for my S&W 640 Centennial in '38SPC that I thought would be my CCW gun and another $50 off for the reloads I had so I bought it! No pics yet because of the 3 day wait.:annoyed:

Also signed up for Florida CCW class because there will be no reciprocity in the current Illinois bill and Florida is a 'shall issue state.' That way I can legally carry in Missouri.

Upped my Illinos State Rifle Association to Lifetime.

Now I'm down to 2 calibers.....and that simplifies reloading a bit....good weekend over all.:icon_cheers:

Last edited:

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i agree, everything seems to be dying down now. i found tons of .223/5.56 at the show here a couple weeks back. lots of AR mags for normal prices. .22 and 9mm is still scarce and expensive when you can find it. i lucked out and found 50 round boxes of 9mm of $20 while i was there. so i bought a few. most people wanted $30-$40 for 50!! Fawk that.

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
Luckily one day I called Cabelas asking if they had 9x18mm and they said no, but we do have 9mm, they had just got a shipment in of ammo, they had 9mm, .223, 7.62x39, everything, except 9x18. And it was all the same price as it was before. But the 5 box limit was still in effect. Of course all you had to do is walk out and walk back in. Lol! But my dad was finally able to shoot his new 9mm pistol. They carry that 9mm nylon cased stuff which works very well, and it was about 11 dollars a box, for 50 rounds.

Defective

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I did make one mistake...well..sorta...kinda...handled an XDs in 9MM last weekend.....the .45ACP version is a little scarce now a days it seems. However one of the dealers I knew from back then had one in .45ACP and gave me $340 trade in for my S&W 640 Centennial in '38SPC that I thought would be my CCW gun and another $50 off for the reloads I had so I bought it! No pics yet because of the 3 day wait.:annoyed:
:
Was that XDs 9mm actually for sale? Been waiting for these to come out for a while now. My wife has the .45 and it's pretty sweet. I want the 9mm. I've seen the .45 available at several stores here recently, so not so rare anymore.

Tominator

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 S-Trim 450HP
Transmission
Manual
Was that XDs 9mm actually for sale? Been waiting for these to come out for a while now. My wife has the .45 and it's pretty sweet. I want the 9mm. I've seen the .45 available at several stores here recently, so not so rare anymore.

The 'S' is for the slim model. Single stack magazine. Lot's of 9MM versions around but the 45s go quick. I handled the double stack version too and loved the hold but for concealed carry thinner is better. A big plus is the front site on the 'S' model. Though I am a Glock fan it's lack of safeties put it a close second for concealed carry.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
I can tell you with the Theis Holster I can easily conceal my XDm with zero issues and I'm 5'5" and 150lbs.
Sure thinner may be better but I can easily conceal the thicker and have more ammo and still have 45acp.

Defective

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
The 'S' is for the slim model. Single stack magazine. Lot's of 9MM versions around but the 45s go quick. I handled the double stack version too and loved the hold but for concealed carry thinner is better. A big plus is the front site on the 'S' model. Though I am a Glock fan it's lack of safeties put it a close second for concealed carry.
I know what the 's' is, didn't you see I said we own a .45 version? :)

I'm only aware of one version of the XDs 9mm though, single stack, and it only just recently became available. I see the .45's every time I hit Sportsmans Warehouse now. There were some early reviews on the 9, and lot's of talk, but until recently, nobody in the real world could get their hands on one.

And yes, the front site on the XDs is pretty sweet with the light gathering fiber optic. It's also nice that they included replacements in the original kit, even a green one if you like that.

Defective

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I just called the Sportsman's Warehouse that's on my way home from work. They have a couple XDs in 9mm on the wall. Black and Bitone, so I guess technically there are a couple different versions. I'll likely be taking one home tonight if they are still there.

Tominator

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 S-Trim 450HP
Transmission
Manual
I know what the 's' is, didn't you see I said we own a .45 version?
Yes sir! Not everyone does though and even on XD forums where the 's' model is up for discussion many do not catch the model dif..

IMHO if I'm forced to ever use it and I need more that 5 rounds I should have run away a long time ago!:D

Average gun fight is over in 1.7 rds. That average is both parties BTW.

I tried both versions in various pockets and IMHO the difference was noticeable. Due to my work uniform and daily dress there must be many options. One holster will not do. I'm 6' and 188 BTW.

I'm hoping some of my leather will work as I have 6 different combinations for my Officer's Model by De Santis.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
the only thing that worries me with just 5 rounds is those drugged out maniacs that people report shooting several times and they never flinch. Of course they usually die later on, but that doesn't help if they are shooting back.

Tominator

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 S-Trim 450HP
Transmission
Manual
One of the reasons I pick the .45ACP.

There are only a couple ways to bring down an animal. Cut off the air supply or blood to the brain.

If I'm worried about drug starved maniacs I'll take a 12g!:D

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the only thing that worries me with just 5 rounds is those drugged out maniacs that people report shooting several times and they never flinch. Of course they usually die later on, but that doesn't help if they are shooting back.
Just shoot the gun. :icon_idea:

If you can do it and keep it concealed I guess I would rather have too many shots than not enough. It is a lot easier to take them back home with you than to pull them out of thin air on demand.

Says the guy that only owns 6 shot SA BP revolvers... :rolleyes:

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
lol.. I like my 9+1 of .45acp...
I don't do the 9mm and 19 rounds tho lol.

typically I have another 9 round mag on me to tho...

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
I picked up an IWI Jericho 941 (AKA Baby Desert Eagle).

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals