• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The ever popular POR-15

mylittleblackbird

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Pontiac
Engine Size
4.6L 3.8L 2.8L
In an effort to preserve my newly acquired vehicle from the brown/red plaque, I've come to the conclusion that POR-15 is the go to stuff for under body protection.

If I'm still running searches on here, but if anyone is under way on an undercoating of their own, I'd like to see the process. I have read the instructions, and what people say to do. That's fine, but I like pictures, and failing that, more written experiences.

Something that I want to be sure of is how much will I supposedly need?

Will one quart suffice? Half gallon?

I have some panels/fenders that need rust repaired. I read that I should put the POR on before I use bondo or what-have-you to repair the rust spots.

Preparation (not H) is everything, so I would like to do this, prepared with the knowledge of what is right and wrong.

Any tips, tricks, advice, experience, etc is appreciated. Thank you

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: BD8D9A3814E19D Expires July 5th, 2022

Gary101386

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
previous owner of my truck used this on my hood and roof, it ended up flaking off. I dont know how he prepped it tho...

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Por is uv sensative. 2 weeks aga i put it on my rockers then bedlinered over it. I cant post pics since im on my phone at work but you can check out my build its on i think the last page

mylittleblackbird

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Pontiac
Engine Size
4.6L 3.8L 2.8L
It is just for the undercoat, and I'd like to think that it wouldn't experience too much UV from that location. Not to say it's impossible, but it'd be limited. I can also easily go over it with a coat of paint. Doesn't bother me, I just want to prevent further destruction.

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah I was talking about the flaking someone was talking about

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad