• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The Drift Ranger Is In The Works Need Help

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
No big rush. Sorry to hear about the lay off. Welcome to the current USA.

sparkdic

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
If I may add a suggestion for your front suspension. I've always contiplated replacing the front I-beam setup with a mustang II setup. You can find them in bone yards from either mustang II's or pintos or buy them from Summit Jegs and other Rod shops and theres so many parts out there for them, it leaves you with way more tune-ablity, you can upgrade to rack and pinion steering, and you can eliminate alot parts like the radius arms that limit/ cause need for further work to drop the truck lower. It will take some fab work and a good knowledge of suspension but the end pay off would be worth it. At any rate, good luck on the build :icon_cheers:

Joey Stacks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD RANGER
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
good idea i will look into that conversion i got plenty of time on my hands now ;)

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yea Mustang ii front ends are nice you can also use a toyota pickup up to like 94 they have torsion bars but you can gonvert it to coil overs alot of ranger guys use the yota and m2 clips when bagging for better geometry.

Joey Stacks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD RANGER
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
thanks ive been looking into everything like crazy hopefully in a month or so i can resurrect this thread with some pictures right now i doubt anyone cares to see my ranger with only exhaust and ported intake and a stripped interior... but i cant let this dream die

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
I want to see some pic. of it.

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3 front 5 rear
Tire Size
225/60R15

Duke

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I really like the 2.3T idea too.:headbang: I have always wanted to get one, but thought they only came in the Mustang SVOs. It looks like they are the same engine.
I'd like to see a pic as well, even if just to get a starting point.

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
2.3t

T-bird Turbo Coupe, and you can find them in junk yards easier than svo stangs same eng basically

Brickhouse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
wow, I think you read my mind. I got a 97 ranger that I am getting a 4.6 and was planning to bag. Does bagging work good for drifting? I would think being able to adjust pressure would make it able to be dialed in. What do you guys think?

PS- sorry for the tread jack but maybe another good alternative to springs and such.

lowlowranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 EFI
Transmission
Manual
wow, I think you read my mind. I got a 97 ranger that I am getting a 4.6 and was planning to bag. Does bagging work good for drifting? I would think being able to adjust pressure would make it able to be dialed in. What do you guys think?

PS- sorry for the tread jack but maybe another good alternative to springs and such.
i don't know too much about bags but what I'm thinking is that the bags are too soft (i.e. bags are made of rubber and filled with air) and the truck will roll more than stock springs...i think but don't quote me on that

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
The only snag you'd run into with bags........ would be keeping the suspension travel to a minimum.

You cut the wheel to the left all the weight is thrown to the right, and you don't want body roll going crazy raising up the left side. that would make a controlled slide very difficult.

I drag race with bags, they work great for that.......... but my car isn't much of a turner.

Frank

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Bags will only "over roll" if you have the lines tied together ie. a front back setup. I allways suggest running 8 valves per truck so you have individual corner control and will not let air transfer to the other side when in a turn.

farva 1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
alright so im into the prerunner thing but im into drifting also.. great combo right :icon_cheers:

anyways your best bet in my eyes would be to six link the rear end like a baged truck would have.... but instead of having the bagged area u extend it out longer and put coils on the back behind the axel........ and also make the floor of the bed easy 2 come off where the coils are..... so the coils can be easy 2 adjust so you dont have 2 life the truck up and crawl around under it every time lol....

know for the tank and stuff get a fuel cell of corse and throw that bad boy right behind the axel but make sure its 100% center other wise it would be lopsided and wouldnt want to corner right and get some good pich :icon_thumby:

know the front end go with the mustang 2 its a great set up but the trick is to do like a prerunner and make shock hoops but not as tall lo... and it will make them easy 2 get 2 for fast changing in case you have close rounds

and deffentiy run sway bars 2 stop that damn body roll :icon_surprised:

sorry that was a super lot but it exactly how i would run it as a drifter

and sorry about your job these damn dinocraps are killing amarica lol sorry dimocrates but at this rate its true

but that goes both ways becuz look at bush lol anyways hope you find a job and hope this helped

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals