• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The BLMPKN mobile.

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.
If there was any doubt that I had joined the wrong ranger forum... These reply's have removed it Hahaha. Got a feeling my "forever 16" sense of humor will more or less fit in around here lol.

For the curious, I do still have a traditional drivers seat.. It's just that my licence plate reads: BLMPKN. It has for just shy of 9 years now. That "forever 16" sense of humor is what inspired me to see if the state would pass my vanity plate idea.

Fun fact for the day: a couple years ago Maine started considering vanity plates as "freedom of speech", so now you can have literally anything as a vanity plate as long as its not racist pretty much. Hilarious. Although a lot of these new plates have kinda taken the edge off mine -_- lol.

The original one is pretty rusty. The bed support closest to the cab is totally wiped out, there's a couple holes in the bed floor, and the rest of the bed supports are close to death as well. I figure it won't take me any longer to make a flatbed as it would to fix my bed properly, so that's the route I'm gonna take. A flat bed will be more practical for hauling bikes/sleds/wheelers Plus, it'll allow much easier cleaning of the rear frame.. Which up here in the salt belt is where these trucks disintegrate first.

Oh. Dude. We are strange AF here. And mostly 14-16 at heart.

And probably should have a breathalyzer attached to our forum.

Either way. Thank your stick on heat shield for rotting out your bed. Got part of my 2011's as well, but damage was already done when I bought it.

Someone out there does make whole floors if your fenders are good.

Chasis saver and fluid film go a looooooong way on a Ranger.

Or ospho and fluid film if you're lazy.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
If there was any doubt that I had joined the wrong ranger forum... These reply's have removed it Hahaha. Got a feeling my "forever 16" sense of humor will more or less fit in around here lol.
We have a lot of fun here. Often at each other's expense but it is usually all in good fun. We do actually try to help each other out from time to time too. LOL

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I helped that one guy with that fuse that one time. Everyone remeber that?

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
How can we forget? You bring it up more often then your furnace, but not as often as someone brings up his Lightning.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
before my time here at TRS, apparently.
EDIT: or maybe I was sick that day.

ExploreNW

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
Tire Size
235/75/15
Awesome truck! Do you like your "barky" muffler on the 2.3? What brand did you go with? I need something on my truck that neither drives the dog mad or leaks so bad it gasses him out of the back.

Welcome to TRS by the way, we're glad to have ya! Just don't let Dirtman near your furnace...

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Awesome truck! Do you like your "barky" muffler on the 2.3? What brand did you go with? I need something on my truck that neither drives the dog mad or leaks so bad it gasses him out of the back.

Welcome to TRS by the way, we're glad to have ya! Just don't let Dirtman near your furnace...

Thanks! I havnt got around to welding the muffler in yet so I'm not sure how I like it lol, but I went with a 23$ eBay flowmaster super 10 clone in 2.25". I'm hoping the tiny factory piping will keep the volume more on the reasonable side.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
And I'm gonna have to eventually hear about these furnace shenanigans lol. I may even have a few similar stories I could share ?

ExploreNW

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
Tire Size
235/75/15
A Super 10!! I cut a Super 40 off my F250 because it was just too loud :icon_surprised:said 40 is still in my garage along with a new cat & 2.5" plumbing. The crunchy cat under my Ranger is probably one good uphill freeway pull away from ejecting all over another Prius so that might get done soon... Now to find a good Prius...

If your 10 is too loud, you can use a glass pack (Chinese ones work fine) in front of it. They knock down the raspy sound without sounding like a rice packed Honda.

And I'm gonna have to eventually hear about these furnace shenanigans lol. I may even have a few similar stories I could share
The law says you need at least a .07 blood-alcohol level to post ;missingteeth;

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
And I'm gonna have to eventually hear about these furnace shenanigans lol. I may even have a few similar stories I could share ?
The furnace stories are directly related to Dirtman...he likes to poop in furnaces.
Not verified, but it is rumored that if he hears about an operating furnace, even if it's miles out of his way, he will GO !!!
But again, that is just rumor...
And, there's his addiction to "Clam Chowdah"...but that's for another thread.
;missingteeth;
Grumpaw

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
So... our banter changes depending on time of day. Usually by 21:00-22:00 many of us are sh*tfaced or st*ned off our a*ses and our posts reflect exactly that. ?

It's not much different than standing around in a garage with a bunch-o-dudes at the same time of night.

Actually, TRS is sort of like a bunch-o-dudes standing around waiting for each other's trucks to break, then talking each other through how to fix them.

Hang out here long enough and you start to make friends. I know I have at least. :icon_thumby:

If you haven't already, look at your user settings and click "view tailgate/sanctuary" for our religious (sanctuary) and off-topic semi-NSFW (tailgate) forums.

There's a bunch of us that go on rants over there. Mostly Dirtman, myself, adsm08, rusty, and a few others.

Oh, and if you ever need to feel better about life, go look up The Pointless Thread. Always good for a laugh or 10.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
A Super 10!! :icon_surprised:
Yeeeeah haha it was the cheapest chambered option I could find. I do suppose my tolerance for exhaust volume is probably higher than most though lol.

I'm not expecting it to be too much louder than I'm looking for as long as I run it out the back. Good suggestion with the glasspack though, that's pretty much the plan if it does end up being obnoxious.

I toyed with the idea of dumping it out the side but I think id like to keep the clearance as I can't lift my truck without making the trac/stability b.s freak out.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
So... our banter changes depending on time of day. Usually by 21:00-22:00 many of us are sh*tfaced or st*ned off our a*ses and our posts reflect exactly that. ?

It's not much different than standing around in a garage with a bunch-o-dudes at the same time of night.

Actually, TRS is sort of like a bunch-o-dudes standing around waiting for each other's trucks to break, then talking each other through how to fix them.

Hang out here long enough and you start to make friends. I know I have at least. :icon_thumby:

If you haven't already, look at your user settings and click "view tailgate/sanctuary" for our religious (sanctuary) and off-topic semi-NSFW (tailgate) forums.

There's a bunch of us that go on rants over there. Mostly Dirtman, myself, adsm08, rusty, and a few others.

Oh, and if you ever need to feel better about life, go look up The Pointless Thread. Always good for a laugh or 10.
Haha the pointless thread sounds interesting, thanks for the heads up!

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17

Yeah, we even like and respect each other from time to time. Probably a bad judgement call on each of our parts. Alcohol and such generally does lead to bad decisions...

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Yeah, we even like and respect each other from time to time. Probably a bad judgement call on each of our parts. Alcohol and such generally does lead to bad decisions...
Pfffttttttttt..... Never.

Actually, I got into what I do for a living, and consequently own my business because I got black-out drunk one night 13 years ago. No joke.

I've always thought it funny how seemingly innocuous things can lead to so many massive changes in your life, and in the lives of others.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals