• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The autumn years of the ICE should be the golden years for the ICE.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
According

According to google as of 2019 hybrids make up 1.6% of vehicle sales from 99-2019. So the incentives dont really work to try and push people into stuff they dont want.
We've been over this.

I've posted facts and figures in the past, but clearly you don't care in any way, shape, or form about actually knowing or sharing the truth.

Hybrids and EV's have increased their market share dramatically in the past few years. Even as the incentives have slowly gone away. Hybrids, in particular, grew something like 50% last year? I posted the numbers in a thread in just the last few days.

But again, talking to you is like talking to a wall. You don't care one whit about the actual truth. You just want to keep living in the 70's and scream from the rooftops whatever it is you like. Truth and reality be damned.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
But the big lesson is right to repair....the farmers had to fight that first.....and keeping it is Paramount for independent travel
This This This. and it also hinges on the smaller stuff, laptops, tablets, phones, small and large appliances. if they can take it away from those items, they will have a much easier time taking it away from cars.

AJ

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
We've been over this.

I've posted facts and figures in the past, but clearly you don't care in any way, shape, or form about actually knowing or sharing the truth.

Hybrids and EV's have increased their market share dramatically in the past few years. Even as the incentives have slowly gone away. Hybrids, in particular, grew something like 50% last year? I posted the numbers in a thread in just the last few days.

But again, talking to you is like talking to a wall. You don't care one whit about the actual truth. You just want to keep living in the 70's and scream from the rooftops whatever it is you like. Truth and reality be damned.
Screenshot_20220215-173507_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yeah....youre right. Guess it dont take much to improve on next to nothing.

Ill choose to ignore the insults.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
So we've gone from 1.9% to 5, but instead of acknowledging that you were making things up, you're doubling down.

At least you're consistently ridiculous.

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
So we've gone from 1.9% to 5, but instead of acknowledging that you were making things up, you're doubling down.

At least you're consistently ridiculous.
I googled "us hybrid sales" the first time. Thats what came up. Contrary to what you think i dont just pull shit from my ass.

Youre the one being ridiculious....running around like the god damn information police. Go over to quora, youll fit in great there.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
View attachment 72388

Yeah....youre right. Guess it dont take much to improve on next to nothing.

Ill choose to ignore the insults.
An 8% market share for EV and hybrids combined is pretty good... that’s better than a few companies you may have heard of:

Remember... I’m just stating facts, I prefer my ICE vehicles. I’m just not opposed to an EV if it would fit my needs.

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
An 8% market share for EV and hybrids combined is pretty good... that’s better than a few companies you may have heard of:

View attachment 72390

Remember... I’m just stating facts, I prefer my ICE vehicles. I’m just not opposed to an EV if it would fit my needs.
The numbers i posted were US marketshare.

I doubt they are beating chevy or ford in the US

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
2021 ford had 12.6 of US market

Chevy had 15.5.

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What y’all think of govt tax brakes on environmental cars? I looked it up, and there are zero fed incentives for hybrids but there are some for EV. I’m thinking the idea is to incentivize tech advancement (there’s a word for that but can’t think of it) and not necessarily for people to be greener. Does that sound right, or is it just govt being stupid?
If you have an issue with EV subsidies (and there are some legitimate gripes), you surely have issues with subsidies for fossil fuels too right? Because the US hands out $20 billion per year for those, and that's a very mature industry that's been highly profitable for 100+ years and surely no longer needs government help:

Government has two general ways to influence the habits of the general public. They can incentivize behaviors they want to endorse, and they can penalize behaviors they want to dissuade. So they provide tax breaks for things like EVs while they add taxes to things like cigarettes.

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
If you have an issue with EV subsidies (and there are some legitimate gripes), you surely have issues with subsidies for fossil fuels too right? Because the US hands out $20 billion per year for those, and that's a very mature industry that's been highly profitable for 100+ years and surely no longer needs government help:

Government has two general ways to influence the habits of the general public. They can incentivize behaviors they want to endorse, and they can penalize behaviors they want to dissuade. So they provide tax breaks for things like EVs while they add taxes to things like cigarettes.
Have no problem with fossil fuel subsides seeing as how even the electric for EV's comes from fossil fuel. Well, alot of it does. So taking away those would hurt everyone. Including EV owners.

But the government should not be handing out money for people to buy cars. Thats ridiculious.

If they want to tax "vice" things like cigarettes, be my guest...but trying to do the same with an absolute need like oil is stupid.

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
We must intercede.

That is our job.

Have nice day. 🙂
So you take re-eduction requests?

Asking for a friend... literally.

Last edited:

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Have no problem with fossil fuel subsides seeing as how even the electric for EV's comes from fossil fuel. Well, alot of it does. So taking away those would hurt everyone. Including EV owners.

But the government should not be handing out money for people to buy cars. Thats ridiculious.
It's a tax credit, not a check. You only get the full amount if you make a lot of money (which is a legitimate problem). They do similar things for homeowners and people with kids because they've decided that those actions are a net benefit to society.

The larger point is that governments typically provide support for new industries that they feel are beneficial. If you think EVs need to be entirely self supporting at this point in their maturation, then it would be consistent to feel that way about the much more mature and profitable oil/gas industry too would it not?

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
It's a tax credit, not a check. You only get the full amount if you make a lot of money (which is a legitimate problem). They do similar things for homeowners and people with kids because they've decided that those actions are a net benefit to society.

The larger point is that governments typically provide support for new industries that they feel are beneficial. If you think EVs need to be entirely self supporting at this point in their maturation, then it would be consistent to feel that way about the much more mature and profitable oil/gas industry too would it not?
I get its a tax credit. But still....

and no. I dont. Fossil fuel subsides help everyone. Not just a small portion of people who are willing to accept the shortcomings of an inferior vehicle.

Gas vehicles didnt need government help to be adopted when they were new. They were adopted because they were so much better then what they were replaceing.

If EV's were so great they wouldnt need govt help either.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
And 100 percent plus growth, year over year for 5 years for the hybrids?....

What will that be?

Because ford.... Has hybrids for everything

And no new ice for anything

Then what?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals