• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The Android Appreciation Thread

jhammel85

That's weird for it to not have the gorilla glass. I know in Canada all high end Samsungs have it.

Did you have issues with your Galaxy S? Mine was always freezing, going into SOS mode, and probably 10 other things I can't think of right now.
Sorry I missed this!

No issues with my S but my brother inlaw's Galaxy S has been pretty bad for a while. It's the Verizon flavor of the S. Mine was always great and so far, the Skyrocket has been awesome.

As for gorilla glass, it's up in the air. No one knows. The regular S2 has it so why wouldn't mine? I can say that the screen has been extremely durable for all the pain I've put it through.

Oh and ICS is awesome!

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Samsung is the way to go.
We will see abut this. My boss just got the S3 (Verizon). I will be looking at another phone in about 9 months, so if his holds up I will consider a Samsung. My Droid X (Motorola) has given me just enough issues to make me consider jumping the Moto ship.

But *knock on wood* it has been wonderful for about 3 months now. I think the issue was the memory card.

AngryLepercon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have tried a few manufacturers.

Samsung I feel is plastic and cheaply made. Only thing that got them sales was the first to have ICS.

HTC hahaha what a joke 7 replacement devices. Never again.

Apple lets not go there.

Each time I stray away from Moto I always find myself coming back. Locked bootloaders, I don't care. My Maxx makes me happy. Best smartphone I have ever had.

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
I don't find samsungs to feel cheaply made. All mine have been through hell and back and have nothing to show for it.

I'm not sure how different the phones are from Canada and the states though so that may have something to do with it.

AngryLepercon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The galaxy nexus i fondled at the store was loose and hollow. Could hear it when you set it down the emptiness inside. If you squeezed it too hard it would squeak and you could feel the thing bend. Brand new out of the box too. The display model was no better.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
One thing I have noticed, is several apps I install say they have certain issues they are fixing for HTC and Samsung devices.

In fact, I just installed Torque Pro over the weekend and got a message about Samsung, HTC, and Pandora interfering with the blue tooth.

Sent from a Commodore 64 using a 300 baud modem

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
I've been having issues with my torque app connecting through bluetooth to my galaxy tab.

I was never a huge fan of the nexus, but our store demo feels pretty solid. We did have an issue with one of the plastic tabs on the back not snapping into place though.

Last edited:

AngryLepercon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Can someone point me to one of those Bluetooth adapters for the android OBD II. I hear some are good most don't work. What kind do you have?

nutpantz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Can someone point me to one of those Bluetooth adapters for the android OBD II. I hear some are good most don't work. What kind do you have?
I have the cheapest one I could find on Ebay that said it did abs.. Works fine for me on everything I have plugged it into.

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
I paid 30 for mine on eBay. It works fine, ill post a link to it in a bit.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ok, i might switch from my iphone 4 to android...

if i were to switch, several things, first, what phone am i going to like best? i like my iphone, only thing i don't like is that i've got a linux box, and no way to restore/update my phone, and being it's jail broken, i can't even update it from the phone it's self, unless i can find a way to unjailbreak it from the phone... so can android be used, updated, synced and so on, through linux computers?

nutpantz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

if i were to switch, several things, first, what phone am i going to like best? i like my iphone, only thing i don't like is that i've got a linux box, and no way to restore/update my phone, and being it's jail broken, i can't even update it from the phone it's self, unless i can find a way to unjailbreak it from the phone... so can android be used, updated, synced and so on, through linux computers?
Almost all synching and updating is done over the air. If you root your phone almost all updates can be done on the phone. Samsung uses kies to do a lot of updating in windows. But if you root your phone you can update your phone with your phone..
There is a way to do most everything in Linux and Mac that can be done in windows

AngryLepercon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
what phone am i going to like best?
I'm biased but right now with what is available the Razr Maxx is hands down the best. Battery life alone sets it over all other android devices. Im on day 2 without a charge with being on tapatalk all day, phone calls, youtube, internet browsing with 40% battery left. Sure its not running jelly bean but it is running ICS and the update to jelly bean is so minor most manufacturers are not even gonna update it.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
If I was going new right now, the Razr Maxx would be the first phone I looked at. My buddy just got one, and it dwarfs my Droid X. I love Ice Cream Sandwich too, very nice OS. The Razr Maxx kicks butt in the battery department, just like angry said.

I've been having issues with my torque app connecting through bluetooth to my galaxy tab.

I was never a huge fan of the nexus, but our store demo feels pretty solid. We did have an issue with one of the plastic tabs on the back not snapping into place though.
My buddy has an S2 that has issues connecting to his bluetooth ELM 327. We are going to try my new ELM 327 that I just got on his S2 today. It works flawlessly on my Droid X.

Last edited:

AngryLepercon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Oh and google as in the owner of android bought part of moto so moto will more then likely become the next pure google device

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals