• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The Android Appreciation Thread

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
Very good point. I have a desktop and a laptop but they are rarely used. The phone is 1000x more convenient than either for the most part.

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
If you can I'd wait and see what the S3 is going to be like. I've read that its a quad core with 1.5gb ram 12mp camera and 4.65 inch screen.

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
That might be worth waiting for. I have no beef with my current phone aside from the fact that i cracked the screen and since then the touch screen is a bit out of whack. Notice the typos in most of my posts...

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
I think they said around the June mark it should be out.

I'm actually at work today (virgin mobile) and so far you're the only person I've talked aabout phones too haha.

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
Well it is sunday

kemo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If you can I'd wait and see what the S3 is going to be like. I've read that its a quad core with 1.5gb ram 12mp camera and 4.65 inch screen.
There is absolutely zero need for quad core, especially when dual core just came out. It isn't for anything other than bragging rights.

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
I agree 100%. Most laptops are only a dual core and they work just fine. They say the quad core is going to help with battery life....I can't see that happening.

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
I disagree 100%. My phone fulfills the full duties of a phone and a computer. I very regularly have several apps running at the same time and sometimes the dual core can't keep up. My data usage is regularly in excess of 5gb/month and thats not counting the time i'm on wifi. If a quad core gets things running smoother, i'm all for it. As for battery life, it really should splitting the load across more cores should add a little to the battery life. Will it be enough to notice? Who knows....

The big thing samsung is talking about doing for battery life is lowering the screen res. The phone i'm typing this on is higher resolution than my 19" computer monitor. Is the picture quality amazing? Absofreakinglutely! Would i even notice it if they dropped it down a tad? Nope. Since the screen is what eats up the battery so fast it makes perfect sense.

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
Well this sucks. Last night my note kept vibrating every few seconds so I went to pick it up from my dresser. It was so hot I actually dropped it, after a few minutes I pulled the battery and let it cool down. Went to turn it on. Went to a darkish screen and looked like a thing of ink exploded inside the screen. Nedeless to say its fd. Back to my vibrant :(

badmts

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I feel like the last guy to get a smart phone-but I did not want a monthly bill so I found out i could use my tmobile sim card and prepaid minuets in an unlocked gsm phone ,went on CL and got me a BRAVO and i use the wifi at work and school and home to cover my net stuff so no exta bills and only cost 90 bucks:yahoo:

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
Well this sucks. Last night my note kept vibrating every few seconds so I went to pick it up from my dresser. It was so hot I actually dropped it, after a few minutes I pulled the battery and let it cool down. Went to turn it on. Went to a darkish screen and looked like a thing of ink exploded inside the screen. Nedeless to say its fd. Back to my vibrant :(
That really sucks. Did you get your money back at least?

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
Hmm that's weird. Ill look into that tomorrow at work. I wonder what other important stuff I've missed.

I didn't get my money back it was worse ... took it to bell and the lady went to turn it on and it worked perfectly. I was some mad.

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
Anyone getting the S3? We just got our store demo in today. I must say its pretty sweet. Except it seems to get really hot doing simple things..

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
try finding a picture of an android in the sense of the word that it was understood before google decided to make it a green monster

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals